Swaro tubes

Threejs

Looking at getting a new set of swaro binos for a hunt this late summer. I have a pair of 10x56 SLC. I was thinking about going to the 10x32 EL. Is there a big disadvantage with the smaller objectives? I really like my SLC and might just get the 10x42.

Going after sheep

Thanks

Looking at getting a new set of swaro binos for a hunt this late summer. I have a pair of 10x56 SLC. I was thinking about going to the 10x32 EL. Is there a big disadvantage with the smaller objectives? I really like my SLC and might just get the 10x42.

Going after sheep

Thanks

Yes there is but I'm not smart enough to explain it. Definitely opt for the 10x42 over the 10x32. The only difference I've found is the flattening effect of the SV in the EL's. A lot would say you're not upgrading much if any by getting the EL's unless of course you're just adding to the collection.

Never been sheep hunting other than Audad, hope you already have a spotter.

I have 10 X 30 Swaro and find I use them more than my 10 X 42 because they are lighter and a smaller profile when hanging on my chest. The only draw back is you give up a bit of field view and ability to see at daybreak and dusk. However, I don't see this as being that big of a thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.