Swaro scopes

Steve, I shoot mil which is the .36 for 1/10 or 3.6=1mil @100 y.I dont know that I have answer but 1cm=.39'' so 10=3.9 @100.Does that relate. If it is mil I just reread,then just put mil for your value in jbl,with correct zero.Should be close, I use to use that alot.Disregard first of post. You can have yards for distance,and break down drops into any distances you chose, then get the dropes in mil,and wind in mil
I can't get JBM to come anywhere close to the drops we shot. The Swaro app is much closer. My confusion came when I tried to get mil to line up in JBM and it was so far off. I have used JBM for years. Not sure what to think.

A couple things:
-- did you enter the spacing between the scope and the bore?
-- try running a "tall target test" to see what the actual impact change is when dialing the scope.
I have played with the spacing numbers. It makes very little diff even if you are off by a couple of inches.

Interesting thing in this exercise, is the same data entered into two diff ballistics programs gave HUGE diff in solution. The solution from JBM couldn't have been worse if I was shooting the bullet backwards. The Swaro solution gave me solution that shows the bc to be too high. It was not so much too high to be on a diff planet like the JBM was. I am sure I must have done something wrong on the JBM but I tried it in every way that I could think of.

Interesting thing in this exercise, is the same data entered into two diff ballistics programs gave HUGE diff in solution. The solution from JBM couldn't have been worse if I was shooting the bullet backwards. The Swaro solution gave me solution that shows the bc to be too high. It was not so much too high to be on a diff planet like the JBM was. I am sure I must have done something wrong on the JBM but I tried it in every way that I could think of.
Huh, that's interesting. I've used JBM a few times in the past and got reasonable results. I wonder if your dealing with an atmospheric pressure entry problem. Like the program is trying to use a Absolute pressure that's also adjusted to altitude?

Huh, that's interesting. I've used JBM a few times in the past and got reasonable results. I wonder if your dealing with an atmospheric pressure entry problem. Like the program is trying to use a Absolute pressure that's also adjusted to altitude?
I'm kinda over it now. Lost enough sleep over it. Got our customer a good drop chart to work with and had great accuracy from this Cooper in 270 Wby. This thing is still running 2700 fps at 500y. Straight up assassin.

Do You check if the scope tracking good(because swar dont have good click mechanizam).

And click in 1cm on 100m is 0.1 mil click.

Just for fun, I tried running the numbers through the Shooter ballistic app. I came up with numbers pretty close to what you got through JBM. Instead of changing the BC though, I corrected the value of the clicks in the scope to come up with a different solution. I'm curious how close the drop chart would match up if you measured the actual bullet drop on target and compared that to the number of clicks.

Attachments

• C6773692-6C31-4D3D-AD19-4CC0B3ABCA60.jpeg
    C6773692-6C31-4D3D-AD19-4CC0B3ABCA60.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 119
Just for fun, I tried running the numbers through the Shooter ballistic app. I came up with numbers pretty close to what you got through JBM. Instead of changing the BC though, I corrected the value of the clicks in the scope to come up with a different solution. I'm curious how close the drop chart would match up if you measured the actual bullet drop on target and compared that to the number of clicks.
I wonder why the Swaro app came much closer to actual field data? It was within 6 clicks and the JBM solution was almost 20 clicks off. And the two programs were opposite sides of the bc. Swaro app needing a higher bc and JBM needing 50% lower bc. If the clicks are off, you think the Swaro app knows it?

All I know is the Swaro app was closer by a lot!

I wonder why the Swaro app came much closer to actual field data? It was within 6 clicks and the JBM solution was almost 20 clicks off. And the two programs were opposite sides of the bc. Swaro app needing a higher bc and JBM needing 50% lower bc. If the clicks are off, you think the Swaro app knows it?

All I know is the Swaro app was closer by a lot!

Swaro just makes their app match their own click values. LOL Swaro makes exceptional binos and spotters, but I've never seen one of their scopes track accurately. The adjustments have been off on the 6 Swaro scopes I've worked with. The image sure was clear though! 😆

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts