Suppressor for STW

I would go Ultra-9 for maximum suppression. Remember, the STW is a large capacity cartridge, which will need more expansion room for the larger amount of gasses. The more expansion room, the more gasses collected, which = quieter shots (lower DB).

Also, i'm not positive if it would work, but a call to Dead Air would tell you whether it would work or not, but the Sandman Ti is also a REALLY nice and quiet direct-thread can. I have been considering one, but don't know if it will be fine for my STW's and .300 Ackley. If you call Dead Air and ask them, let me know what they say.

I've recently given into the suppressor thing myself.

After a whole lot of shopping around, reading and getting recommendations I settled on these. My brothers and I have four on the way as of Monday in fact.

https://www.macsgunworks.com/suppressors
That's a sharp looking can... I also like the monocore baffle design.

Another good one to checkout is the new Liberty Sovereign (made in Georgia). You'd have to check with Dave (owner) to see if it can handle STW velocities/gas pressures, but I know it's rated up to .300WM.

That's a sharp looking can... I also like the monocore baffle design.

Another good one to checkout is the new Liberty Sovereign (made in Georgia). You'd have to check with Dave (owner) to see if it can handle STW velocities/gas pressures, but I know it's rated up to .300WM.
They make a decent can as well but at about 40% more pricewise.

I was talking with Chuck today about the ones we've got coming to confirm they could handle the pressure and he shoots them on his own .338 Lapuas.

I shoot a can made in Radford,Va. by Jeff McPeake at T&J Tactical. I have quite a few of his and they all work beautifully! At the range one day, covered benches, guy on on end shooting a 22/250, next guy a 243. other end was 22 pistols. My STW was the quietest rifle on the range! They (and me) could not believe it. First time I tried it. I am completely sold on cans and especially Jeff's. Oh, and I am using a 30 cal. can on it.
You do know that most likely you will have to re-zero the rifle, but accuracy is improved ;)and shoot ability is waaaayyy improved!:cool:

Bump for some more feedback. I'm going to build a 7STW with a 22" barrel. Any more feedback on suppressor recommendations / field data? Thanks in advance!

I use the gunwerks 8ight. I have no experience with others. My point of impact shift is .75 moa right from muzzle break to suppressor and consistent every time I put it on (verified to 1355 yards). Rifle is a sub .5 moa with break or suppressor with no accuracy gain or loss other than poi change. Have shot several hundred rounds through it with no issues. 195 EOL at 3140 fps, 26" barrel. I use a cole-tac cover to minimize heat waves/mirage off the suppressor and would recommend one for any suppressor

I looked tbac ul-9 based on lance's rec, then saw the DD enticer L-ti with the same specs, good rep, and a bunch less money so that's what I went with.