Suppressor failure. (No Kidding)

How much money would all that cost? Suppressor, barrel, plus ammo? I know that I don't have that kind of money laying around, and if I did, I'm sure I could find better things to spend it on.
M249 barrel
Surplus used-250$
New $400
SWR is a subsidiary of silencerco. Budget
400$ for the "Can"
300$ for ammo

"Any lawful use" until it's something we don't like and then you're the problem.

People blow up cars and **** all the time they melted a can and a tube big news.

I didn't say it was a problem. They obviously did it in a safe manner. It is their money, not mine. I don't run a business so I don't need the free advertising. I was just curious what an estimated cost would be, though I knew it was high enough that I personally would not choose to spend my money that way.

As far as this torture test of an M-249 (SAW) and a suppressor.. I would never do it. they evidently had the money to **** away on the barrel, suppressor, and ammo. I love suppressed NFA guns. most specifically the HK MP-5 SD and SD/2. I would not turn down a chance to practice with a 300 BLK with suppressor, 45 ACP AR, 10 MM AR, any sub-sonic 308, or 338 Lapua. all with suppressors. I think the guys at West Coast Armoury are just playing around with thousands of dollars to have fun torture testing a theory. it's their dollars. if they want to destroy guns and parts even class3 (now class 9) equipment.. it's theirs to do. if it were me I would have stolen the suppressor before they started and put it on my 300 blackout SBR and had the last piece to my house clearing device.
later suckers...

That suppressor was likely a demo product or one that had been damaged by a baffle strike at some point and the barrel could have been a shot out surplus barrel that wouldn't hold 3 MOA at 10 feet.. The whole video was just done for fun and subscriptions on Youtube which in turn generates revenue. I'd be willing to bet they'll come out ahead financially on this video.

And this has something,,, anything to do with long range hunting?

The point was that some people don't think about what could have happened pushing there equipment to this level of destruction.

I have seen videos of other destructive test that did not end well, Plus what happens to the next guy that fires that weapon? who knows what damage that did to a fine rifle.

I have also seen many rifles and hand guns that blew up due to stunts like this. Take it for what you wan't to. "You Can't fix Stupid"

J E CUSTOM

My last comment:

This is not the image we as shooters need to be showing, it just gives the other side more reasons to say "Look at those idiots" (and I agree with them).

If you need to hear noise, go buy a bunch of firecrackers or M80's, allot cheaper and safer.

I've been out shooting with people that all they want to do is hear something go bang, could care less if they hit anything. And that is always the only time I shoot with them.

As some above mentioned, what does this have to do with long range hunting?

In my book, a pretty pathetic demonstration. Border line childish.

Whewwwwww, awesome... now I'm gonn'a go to the zoo and jump in the tiger cage and pluck one of it's whiskers.

This is what you get when people grow up with to much money and poor supervision.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts