Support the NRA

MtPockets

I realize that many members of LRH are also NRA members. I also believe that many are not.

I first joined the NRA when I was in High School, but got very frustrated with the level of junk mail I received asking for more money for their next 'emergency'. It seemed like 3 times a week I would get a mailing asking for more money because of some 'new' threat.

So I walked away.

Recently, I've been talking to friends and co-workers about whether they belonged to the NRA and found that my situation was common. I also heard from people who felt that the NRA has become somewhat of a 'fanatical' organization.

I get that, too.

But, in my opinion, from here on out it will take a fanatical organization to successfully defend our 2nd Amendment rights.

We all know that the anti-gun crowd will NOT stop when they get ARs banned. They'll take that victory and use it as a spring board to ban just about anything. I was reading that Oregon has a ballot measure to ban all semiautos- NOT JUST ARs.

If that doesn't get the holdouts to join the NRA, what will? Will you wait until they come to YOUR state, or will it take a national ban for you to give in and support the strongest voice we have?

I realize that there are other gun rights organizations out there, and I am certainly NOT trying to downplay their significance. If you have the means, support them both. But when it comes to effective leadership in defending our rights, the fact is NOBODY is more effective than the NRA.

One quote that comes to mind is "Together we stand, divided we fall." I truly believe that if ALL gun owners don't stand together with the NRA, history will show how true that is.

As always, I encourage everyone to take a few moments and write to your Congressmen and Legislators, your Governor and your President. Let them know what your guns do for you and your family and let them know- in no uncertain terms- that ANY attempt to ban or register ANY sort of firearm will result in not just a single vote against them but a grass roots attack on their re-election.

This is a very dark time in the history of our Country. It's a time when many are trying to rewrite our history books and change the very core of this great Nation.

If they succeed in banning ARs, the rest of our Rights will soon follow. Rest assured that the NRA is by far the strongest voice we have to NOT let that happen.

As an NRA Benefactor I am fully supportive of MTPockets comments above.
I'll just add that the continuous fight to hold our ground is costly. If you really care, you must donate to the cause and work the political system.
Rather than making another cash donation, it might be a good idea to sign up a few of your "hold out" shooting/hunting friends. We need to show a growing number of members and hopefully, they will become sustaining members on their own. If for nothing else, they will get regular updates on important issues by reading the NRA magazine(s) that come with membership.
If all of your buddies are already members, here is a link to make an easy donation to the NRA-ILA

https://donate.nraila.org/Donate

Last edited:
Very well written and the message is very clear. We are at a pivotal point where all the hype delivered by "Fake News" can change the laws against the responsible gun owners of this nation. What is very sad is that the liberals are USING the youth of our country to promote their agenda and they are too blind to realize it. Sad times in our country.

Could you imagine what Washington would do if 25 to 30 million gun owner's would join the N.R.A

I agree.

With that in mind, I not only decided to sign myself up but I will also sign up my wife, brother and nephews.

The way I see it, an NRA membership is an awesome gift that will give for many years to come, and the strength in numbers is huge.

I agree.

With that in mind, I not only decided to sign myself up but I will also sign up my wife, brother and nephews.

The way I see it, an NRA membership is an awesome gift that will give for many years to come, and the strength in numbers is huge.
I signed my kids and grand kids all with life membership when they were born

Last edited:
I'll start off by saying the NRA is not a perfect organization . yes , I do get tired of the junk mail always in my mail box , but I'm starting to see a reason for some of it .
I'm not sure how long I've been a NRA life member . I recently upgraded to a benefactor member . I also signed up my girlfriend as a life member a few years ago . times are changing , we need a loud voice to speak for us . hunting and guns are the only hobby I have . I guess it's only right I try and protect my hobby .

the anti's are using our youth . strong arming store such as Dicks .banks won't deal with gun shops . youtube has dropped some gun videos . how long will it be until they try to shut down forums like this one . it's really getting to be a mess .

If the Semi-auto, AR-15, is considered an "Assault Rifle", SOON your long Range, Deer, Elk and Target Rifles, will be considered,.. "SNIPER Rifles" by,.. the idiots !
Take that, to the Bank ! I "feel" for my Grand children,..what, a "mess" !

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.