superior shooting systems throat management systems?

gahlizard

i have a satern/abs carbon barrel in 7/08 and 300WM being chambered soon and was wondering about breaking in the barrel with the Tubbs/superior shooting systems throat management system. there is some decent looking info on their web page, but was wondering if anyone had any first hand accounts on custom barrels. thanks a bunch

If your talking about firing gritty bullets down your brand new barrel there is no way I would ever do it. That said I don't know of a single barrel maker that will honor their warranty once you do that.

Just take care of it. Don't shoot it like a machine gun and clean it well after every outing.

SSS actually makes two different systems. they have the final finish for the factory barrels and then they also build the throat maintenance system. its nothing i've ever used before, just figured i would ask. the brochure says to shoot 10 or so in a custom barrel and an additional 1 or 2 every 200-300 rounds to keep fire cracking in the throat smoothed out. thanks for everyones replies.

Oh yeah. to keep the firecracking down. Just run a slightly oversized drill bit in there to cut that out of there when it gets bad. That's what I thought everyone did. NOT!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.