Super sniper ?

bobcat trapper

I was thinking of getting super sniper but not sure of the scope does anyone have any experience with them. The scope is going on a 7mm Remington mag. I am hopping to shot out to about 800 with it.

bobcat trapper,
I don't personally own a super sniper, but MANY times I have seen them rated as the higher quality optics that are "cheaper". Say cheaper than like night force, us optics, etc. for a few hundred bucks (or so, not sure) it is a good mill dot scope as so I have read many times over. question so is your name true do you trap cats? took my first shot at it this year>

SS scopes are one of the best buys there is. I have two of them. a 10X on a 270 Win for shooting out towards 800 yds and a 16X on a 270 AM for shooting beyond 1K (one of these days).

They are highly recommended by those that have used them and they are a tough reliable scope. However, they ain't no NightForce but they ain't 1K bucks + either.

Good points are: repeatable clicks, plenty of clicks for long range, tough as nails.

Bad points are: It gets no respect because of its name, price and manufacturer.

I just bought a 20x for one of my heavy rifles. I love the glass. I love the the adjustments. I think the crosshairs are too thick. I would buy a 20 or a 10. The fov for the 16 is not enough difference to worry with. My thoughts and opinions only

I had one in 10x and it was tough as nails... fell out of the truck twice and never moved. Only downfall is weight (30+ oz), of course that doesn't matter much on a 15# gun. I'll buy another one if I ever build a "LR Tactical" type rifle. I never felt under-glassed with the 10x... but then I was never trying to poke stuff at 800+ with it either. ~JT

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.