Super Sniper scopes?!

dahunta

Is there something against talkin about SS scopes on here.ive been trying to find threads on here and it isn't happening.I could understand why but i was just curious.

okay i finally found some that were from '07 so i hope im okay to ask my question.i just bought a new LR toy and am stealing my 4200 tact off my .25-06 to put on it.my dad has a SS on a .260 and it seems to track very well but i cant make myself trust the indefinate CLICKS of the turrets.the scope is probably two years old or so and i was wondering if they have made any changes to this?

I have 2 10x SS's I love mine. I have one one a .338 win mag and the other is on a Fa91 .308. They are great scopes for the money.The glass is really good and they track really well.

i have heard nothing but good things about SS.the only thing i hear bad is the quality of the glass,but those people are comparing them to scopes that are 1000-2000 dollars more.my problem is that i have three rigs and only one good LR scope.don't they have a 100% satisfaction gaurantee?im wanting to get the 20X and put it on a new savage fclass i have,and a ten power for the other.all i am concerned with is the tracking abilites and the rezero.and it is my understanding that most of the time these things cant be beat,but if something happens and i get one that wont track or rezero i want to know that it will be replaced no questions asked?.this is correct right?its kind of like a no fail deal.the fact that a S&B and nightforce gathers more light in the dark is fine with me.i understand u get what u pay for most of the time.but we dont all have an infintite amount of disposable money!

dahunta,

If something dose happen to the Super Sniper SWFA will take care of you. They have me for years and I have seen them make things right with many people. If it were me I would stay away from the 20X and go with the 16X but that's just me. I can see better with the 16X and the mirage is less. I had the same questions and concerns you had when I got my first SS. Now I have a few of them and they are a great scope in the price range and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I have actually run over one of them with my truck. Picked the rifle and SS up and it never missed a beat and it is still mounted today and used often.

Call (972) SCOPE-IT (726-7348) and ask for Stephanie and tell them I sent ( BigDaddy). They will take care of you. You can now buy a package with flip up caps and a mill-dot master sunshade and a flash hider.

I have the 20X.
It is just about worthless.
I took it to the range twice, once each on two rifles.

The problem is light transmission.
Someone else on the internet has the same problem.
He said that it was no good for hunting, but might get used at the range on a bright day.
That just about sums it up.
I think mine and the other guy have the same defect.
The cheapest scope out there on 20X is much brighter.
Something went wrong in the coating.

My guess is that $1000 scope have ~98% light transmission and $200 scopes have ~88% light transmission, but my Super Sniper has ~10% light transmission.

And the scope cost more than $200, so something is wrong.
I talked to SWAFA about it, and they offered a trade in.
I cannot do that, as it would be immoral for me to allow this scope to be sold to anyone.

I have the 20X.
It is just about worthless.
I took it to the range twice, once each on two rifles.

The problem is light transmission.
Someone else on the internet has the same problem.
He said that it was no good for hunting, but might get used at the range on a bright day.
That just about sums it up.
I think mine and the other guy have the same defect.
The cheapest scope out there on 20X is much brighter.
Something went wrong in the coating.

My guess is that $1000 scope have ~98% light transmission and $200 scopes have ~88% light transmission, but my Super Sniper has ~10% light transmission.

And the scope cost more than $200, so something is wrong.
I talked to SWAFA about it, and they offered a trade in.
I cannot do that, as it would be immoral for me to allow this scope to be sold to anyone.

If it is defective, what makes you think that SWFA would sell it to someone else? Trade it for one that is not defective and don't look back.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.