SUPER HOGS MAY INVADE THE US FROM CANADA

I don't like wolves either, but have you ever seen the destruction hogs can make to a field? And they will eat any small or baby animals, turkey eggs and etc. that they can find.
and people with those problems still charge people to come and reduce the packs...like having a broken pipe and the plumber pays you to fix it...:D

I don't like wolves either, but have you ever seen the destruction hogs can make to a field? And they will eat any small or baby animals, turkey eggs and etc. that they can find.
Yessir!!! I have family in kommiefornia, they sure love those wine grapes and lettuce fields!!! I think wild hogs would eat anything, even more than a coyote!

With rare pork chops abound you'd think the wolves would put these on their plates, or possibly even a wolf may be coy enough not to mess around with the swine as they'll fight back.

It is always interesting when folks think they should have the right to hunt other people's land for free because they are purportedly providing a service to help the landowner. Sadly, most such hunting tourists really aren't. They don't stick around long enough to get the job done. Then tend to work on their own schedule and not the landowner's schedule. If they travel, they are very short term and can be a pain in the butt for the landowner to manage.

I have guided hunts in Texas. People come in and shot 2 or 5 hogs and think they have saved the world, but they come year after year because they didn't save the world. The didn't really help with the hog problem because as soon as they left, the hogs will be back.

This really isn't like the plummer paying to fix your broken pipes, not unless your broken pipes are leaking joy and money. Hogs may be a problem, but they are also a commodity. If you had a bunch of land with a hog problem and no time to hunt it, would you just let random strangers on your property to hunt, or if you found out you could make $300 a gun per night, would you go that route? Okay, the question is do you let random strangers hunt for free, or do you let random strangers pay you $300 per gun per night to hunt. What are you going to choose?

As a landowner with hogs, I have had numerous people hunt my place, most of whom wanted to help me with my problem. So generous. No, I have a 400 yard rifle range on my property and a 100 yard mixed us range. One of my generous helpers opted not to use the range (because he said he didn't have permission) and stuck a target on a very healthy tree and pumped more than 30 rounds into it. The tree subsequently died a few month later and I had to remove it.

I have had trash left behind in my shooting blind from hunters helping me. I have had the gate left open (very uncool). Kills are supposed to be taken to the bone yard and I have had folks leave dead hogs around my feeder that I had to come back and clean up.

I hunt on two properties right now where landowners had people help them by shooting one of their cattle.

This is why landowners charge so much money. Far too many hunters are trash people. They cause more problems than they produce help and the landowner is left to deal with the aftermath of so-called helpful hunters.

With that said, I am sure that each an every one of you is nothing but the pinnacle of ethics, manners, and totally law abiding. You would never trespass from my property onto my neighbors' properties to "look" for your poorly shot wounded hog. Yes, I have dealt with that phone call before as well. Why are my hunters on the trail cams next door, trespassing with firearms?

One hunter who had permission to only hunt one type of animal decided to take care of my carnivore problem. I don't have a carnivore problem. We let nature do its thing for the most part on my place. So this guy proceeds to shoot a bobcat and a bunch of raccoons, doing me a 'favor' I didn't want done. Going back to the plumbing analogy, it would be like letting this guy come to try to fix my water leak in the kitchen, yet somehow managed to break the door on my bathroom shower and never fixed my water leak.

So if I ever let strangers back onto my property to hunt, you can bet I will charge a fee and it will be competitive because I know that hunters will cause me problems. Been there. Done that.

It is always interesting when folks think they should have the right to hunt other people's land for free because they are purportedly providing a service to help the landowner. Sadly, most such hunting tourists really aren't. They don't stick around long enough to get the job done. Then tend to work on their own schedule and not the landowner's schedule. If they travel, they are very short term and can be a pain in the butt for the landowner to manage.

I have guided hunts in Texas. People come in and shot 2 or 5 hogs and think they have saved the world, but they come year after year because they didn't save the world. The didn't really help with the hog problem because as soon as they left, the hogs will be back.

This really isn't like the plummer paying to fix your broken pipes, not unless your broken pipes are leaking joy and money. Hogs may be a problem, but they are also a commodity. If you had a bunch of land with a hog problem and no time to hunt it, would you just let random strangers on your property to hunt, or if you found out you could make $300 a gun per night, would you go that route? Okay, the question is do you let random strangers hunt for free, or do you let random strangers pay you $300 per gun per night to hunt. What are you going to choose?

As a landowner with hogs, I have had numerous people hunt my place, most of whom wanted to help me with my problem. So generous. No, I have a 400 yard rifle range on my property and a 100 yard mixed us range. One of my generous helpers opted not to use the range (because he said he didn't have permission) and stuck a target on a very healthy tree and pumped more than 30 rounds into it. The tree subsequently died a few month later and I had to remove it.

I have had trash left behind in my shooting blind from hunters helping me. I have had the gate left open (very uncool). Kills are supposed to be taken to the bone yard and I have had folks leave dead hogs around my feeder that I had to come back and clean up.

I hunt on two properties right now where landowners had people help them by shooting one of their cattle.

This is why landowners charge so much money. Far too many hunters are trash people. They cause more problems than they produce help and the landowner is left to deal with the aftermath of so-called helpful hunters.

With that said, I am sure that each an every one of you is nothing but the pinnacle of ethics, manners, and totally law abiding. You would never trespass from my property onto my neighbors' properties to "look" for your poorly shot wounded hog. Yes, I have dealt with that phone call before as well. Why are my hunters on the trail cams next door, trespassing with firearms?

One hunter who had permission to only hunt one type of animal decided to take care of my carnivore problem. I don't have a carnivore problem. We let nature do its thing for the most part on my place. So this guy proceeds to shoot a bobcat and a bunch of raccoons, doing me a 'favor' I didn't want done. Going back to the plumbing analogy, it would be like letting this guy come to try to fix my water leak in the kitchen, yet somehow managed to break the door on my bathroom shower and never fixed my water leak.

So if I ever let strangers back onto my property to hunt, you can bet I will charge a fee and it will be competitive because I know that hunters will cause me problems. Been there. Done that.
And I could see where that would leave a sour taste in your mouth.

DNS is 100% stating the situation for literally 1000s of farmers/landowners. People have this construed reality that 1-10 pigs killed is a solid night. It's a start, but eliminating the entire sounder is a great start, educated pigs are a tough adversary, they not only become hard to kill, they educate every litter afterwards.

I have neighbors that see 1 maybe 2 pigs in their big fancy traps, when I can fill mine up. They quiz me and I explain why and they just keep on keeping on.

Pigs can be fun to hunt right up until it becomes work, then it sucks

And I could see where that would leave a sour taste in your mouth.
Truth in the saying is only takes a couple of bad apples to spoil the whole barrel...or however that goes. I've seen what Double Naught said first hand and it's in the very least disrespectful and other more colorful terms could be used.

Last edited:
I saw the news feed a few days ago and wondered if land owners up on the high line would let me kill a few so I asked a guy that does a lot of work for the farmers on their equipment and he said he knows them by name and they won't let him hunt their land so I expect the super hogs will become a super problem within a year or so.

Lets face it,farming don't pay what it used to and raising cattle is just as bad.My uncle said most years he broke even and he was happy about that.If all farmers in the us stopped the entire nation would starve so they keep on.
Thats why some farmers are hoping for the hogs to come to Montana so they do more than break even!You can't blame them for that.
I wish every farmer and rancher well and hope they keep farming and cattle ranchers keep ranching,our entire nation depends on them.
Come on hogs!