Back From Turkey! Big Hogs Down!

Gazipasa Area in Turkey, Smaller Body but huge tusk!

unnamed.jpg

I hunted pigs when stationed in Turkey. We would hire 25 beaters and hunt thick and open areas. Pigs ran in the 250+ range. I was the Medic for the group.
In the brush the guys used shotguns, in the open I had a Rem 700 -06.
I did have one serious accident as a guy in the brush got run over by a pig trying to escape the beaters. He thinks he hit it twice (don't know his load) and it kept running right over him, cutting him on the way by. I have a couple of pics. if you are not eating. He got a bad infection and wound up in Hospital for a week+, almost lost a leg. Be careful and use plenty of power for a pig.

Attachments

• IMG_0741.JPG
    IMG_0741.JPG
    877.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0738.JPG
    IMG_0738.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
Those are some awesome hogs and the last thing I'd want to tangle with is a hog. They are fast.
Thanks for sharing

Those tusks are impressive to say the least and their bodies are huge. Here in SE Tx river bottoms, we have a LOT of hogs and some very big ones, but seldom over 300 lbs and never with tusks like that. Looks like 45-70 would be good medicine for those big hogs, pretty sure they won't run off with 325 grs of lead.

I hunted pigs when stationed in Turkey. We would hire 25 beaters and hunt thick and open areas. Pigs ran in the 250+ range. I was the Medic for the group.
In the brush the guys used shotguns, in the open I had a Rem 700 -06.
I did have one serious accident as a guy in the brush got run over by a pig trying to escape the beaters. He thinks he hit it twice (don't know his load) and it kept running right over him, cutting him on the way by. I have a couple of pics. if you are not eating. He got a bad infection and wound up in Hospital for a week+, almost lost a leg. Be careful and use plenty of power for a pig.
"use plenty of power for a pig." Now I don't feel so bad about using my 378 Weatherby rifle with my 460 S&W as a backup gun for East Texas creek bottom hogs.