string weights moving

Dominique

I got my tac this week and after about 10 shots the heatshrink on the right hand side string started tearing together with the serving, now after 50 or so shots it has moved about 5mm or maybe more. Is this normal? Also I'm strugling with accurasy a bit, not bad but not the 1" groups I keep hearing about.

Thanks in advance.

Dominique

Sorry for your problems. Can you post a picture of the string issue?

Have you read the"10 things to know before you fire your Tac the first time"? Your accuracy issue may be related to parallax in your scope.

Len, yes I did go through those steps and I did paper tune it and I do adjust the parallax as best as I understand it for different distances but I think the issue is the weights are moving. The left hand one is now in contact with the cam so I'm not shooting any further till this is resolved.

I'll give the posting a picture thing a try again later.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 91
It doesn't happen often but I have seen that type of movement before. You need a new string. Warranty covers it. Your dealer should be able to handle that for you. If not email me and I'll help.

I'm glad to hear that it does not happen often, I'm sure our local dealer will help me. I'll post progress. Thanks for offer to help.

I have some further news, our local dealer will replace the strings, now I live 450km away so I would like to do it myself. On Youtube and here there is a video clip showing how a guy replaces his useing two rods to jam the cams in place after a few cranks on the handle. Is this safe or should I unbolt the limbs. Should I replace just the string where the arrow gets atached to or everything?

Thanks for the help.

No need to replace the 2 cables. Just replace the string.

I haven't tried the string replacement method you're referring to. I use a press.

Ok i got the new string today thanks to some good service from our local dealer and after getting perfect bullet holes on the paper tune I shot about 20 shots at 25m. The arrows fly so straight that I have to keep track as to witch dot I was shooting at as I could not see the arrow in the bull. Sadly though the right weight started moving again, 2mm to be axact. Can I not get a string without those weights? what is their purpose anyway?

Could someone please PM me PSE's email add? I would like to hear their opinion on this sting issue. My bow is falling to pieces around me at the moment and I can't seem to get past the sighting in stage. Surely I should be able to hunt without something either falling of or moving out of position. Any help with that email add pease as I can't find one on their site.

Bottom of the page at PSE site.

Contact info:
For product questions, call 520-884-9065.
For questions about your order, log into your account or email [email protected].
Precision Shooting Equipment
2727 N. Fairview Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85705 US
Ph: 520-884-9065
F: 520-884-1479

Hi Len, I have emailed them but that add is to process orders only if I understood their responce correctly. Are there any aftermarket strings available for TAC yet. I love this bow and I really need it to last past the sighting stage.

Ok so international call it is. Just one last bit of help please. One of the bumpers was loose and turned out a bit, could this have caused enough vibration for the weight to move. I'm clutching at straws here so any help would be much appretiated.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.