Tac Elite string

Mike K/NJ

After shooting about 60 shots with my new Tac Elite one of the string weights or whatever it's called moved on the string and is making contact with the cam, so I stopped shooting immediately. I read that the strings are not covered under warrantee . But with only about 60 shots should this be covered? I tried calling but PSE is closed until Monday.

But with only about 60 shots should this be covered?
In a case like this, I would expect the string to be covered. PSE supposedly improved the string weight system on TAC Elite over TAC 15, so I would think PSE would be interested in looking at what happened.

I just got off the phone with PSE. What a waste of time. I was put on hold for over half an hour and then told they can't send me a new string for insurance reasons. They said the only way was to ship it back to them and I pay shipping one way, or go to a PSE dealer and order a new string and have them install it. Three weeks into our bow season, this really stinks. Good thing I have a back up bow.

My buddies Tac is new and has approx 100 shots and his weights are doing the same. Our local rep said he would get him a new string on the way. He is having issues with his Tac and believes it might be out of time. His bow will shoot two arrows dead center and then throw the next two or three way off target. He has lost a couple arrows due to this problem. His issues are compounded as the distance increases.

Just purchased an Elite. Shot less than 10 times. Same problem with string.

We'll I had the string replaced and now I have another problem. The safety and trigger will not work. I get the bow to full draw position and the safety selector will not move from fire to safe. The trigger will not shoot when pulled. I let it down using the crank and tried loading and unloading numerous times with the same results. Then the magnet pulled out of the crank handle. This is problem #3 and #4 I really like everything about the tac series of crossbows, but I'm starting to second guess my decision to get the Elite. I hope I get all these bugs worked out before deer season ends!!!

I pulled the top off the Elite today to see what the problem was with the trigger and safety. What I found was the sear had snapped off the trigger group and the hammer would not stay in the cocked position. Looks like a good time to upgrade to the Timney.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts