StrelockPro Help

John Hudson

Just downloaded Strelock Pro version 6.23 and using weatherflow weather meter on an iPhone 11. Devices pair up fine but here is my issue.
Set weather meter in weather vane mounted to tripod, paired device to phone, pointed weather meter to target pressed "Target Asmyth" in app to note direction of target and determine 12 o'clock. Weather vane is pointing south aka 12 o'clock, 8-12 mph wind from 9 o'clock aka east. But wind direction needle in app never moves off of 12 o'clock. I do have phone compass turned to off.

Need any advice as to why directional needle in app does not show wind direction. Wind speed does show as designed.
Thanks

I am very well versed in the use of Strelok, but I am using an android phone and the weather vane attachment for the Kestrel. I haven't had that issue. I do know some people who have contacted the app designers and he actually responded pretty quickly. You might try that.

2 pics for you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210501-065725_Strelok Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20210501-065725_Strelok Pro.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20210501-064915_Wind & Weather Meter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210501-064915_Wind & Weather Meter.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 55
You'll notice on the streelok pro app ot says "use phone compass" , "enter wind direction manually" etc

If you use phone compass than the weather meter must be oriented in the same direction as you phone and pointed at your target, or you have to enter the wind direction manually.

The weather meter app has a different page you can se the direction and enter manually of you like , it's based off the corse compass directions

CoHunt,
So are you saying enter wind direction manually, turn on phone compass than orientate phone to match wind direction?
Is this how you use it, or is there another way?
Thanks

CoHunt,
My version does not have a calibrate button, but a target Asmyth button. I'm assuming this is the same as calibrate button. I ask this since all videos I've seen have a calibrate button.
Thanks

Found this to share with everyone.
Found this in weather flow users manual.

Compass

Older WEATHERmeters have a built-in compass (magnetometer) but newer devices may not have their own internal magnetometer.
Does your compass seem off? Please see these notes on calibration.
Even with calibration, the compass direction from the meter will not be as accurate as most smart phones. Smart phones have other sensors to help determine direction (GPS, accelerometer) and can often auto-calibrate.
In cases where you want or need a more accurate direction reading, the Wind & Weather Meter app has an option in the settings to use your phone's compass instead.
  • If you are using your phone's compass direction remember you will need to point the phone in the direction the winds are coming from. You can use the audio jack mount to align the WEATHERmeter and your phone perfectly. However, the meter can be up to 15 degrees off-axis and still measure winds accurately.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.