Stockys stocks carbon fiber longrange m50?

zr600

has anybody on hear had a stockys long range carbon fiber m50 stock or any of the carbon fiber long range stocks in general? How did you like them were they worth it to cheap out vs a McMillan's or manners? They look like a really good stock for the money to me.

My guess is AG composites make them for Stockys, if that's the case AG stock are really good.

has anybody on hear had a stockys long range carbon fiber m50 stock or any of the carbon fiber long range stocks in general? How did you like them were they worth it to cheap out vs a McMillan's or manners? They look like a really good stock for the money to me.
I am also impressed with the VG2 carbon fiber stock I have on my 6.5 Gap

As stated they were made by AG. They are at least as good as McMillan or Manners. I do not believe they are making stocks for stockys any longer. They have updated their website and are moving more towards a McMillan or manners business model with the intention of trying to keep lead times to around 2 months while offering custom options. I have had multiple vg2s and have a Mesa precision stock made by AG with an Alpine hunter on the way for a review. The most noticeable thing to me is they are coming in much lighter than a McMillan or Manners with the same recoil pad.

Yea stockys told me they were going to be switching to making there stock all in house. I had contacted them because they don't offer a left handed option. They emailed me back saying they were going to be making them in-house in the next couple of months and would email me when the left handed version would be available.

I know this is an old post, but I'm interested in this as well.

I won a Remington 700 SPS and would like to upgrade the stock.

B0DD4906-68D7-46D2-B9E5-2D75300DBB28.jpeg
Stocky's M50 on my new LR muzzleloader. Really liking this stock!

I bought the M50, same color as the one above, to go on my Bergara 6.5cm. The Bergara action did not line up in it right so I took it to a local gunsmith to let him do some trimming to make it fit. In the process, some of the paint got damaged on both sides by the action. Not sure if this was from being clamped in a vise, or if it was from some solvents that ran on the paint. I guess the paint they use just wasn't very durable. Other than that, I think the stock feels great, the texture is nice and it has just the right palm swell.