Stocky carbon

There is a thread over on Rokslide that is 50+ pages long now talking about that stock.

I have 2 of them and one for a Savage on the way. They are the best thing going for the money. If you have the time to wait a little bit, pre-order a Rokstock from Unknown Munitions. It will be an even better version of the VG stock.

Stocky's CF stock are good, I have one. It required a small bit of inletting to get it to fit correctly. Outside of that it's a solid stock for the price. Comforting shooting and has been durable. If you set it next to a manors you can easily see why it cheaper. Just not as nice of finish. If that doesn't matter to you then it a great light weight stock for the price.

Last edited:
I have a Stocky's carbon on my Howa 1500 Carbon Stalker and like it. I did have to remove some stray bits of material rattling inside the stock. Optional work I did included installing a tee-nut in the barrel channel to further support the front sling stud; and I epoxy bedded the receiver too.

Stocks are crazy high in price these days. I'm taking about online OTC stocks not custom stocks like Manners or McMillan stocks. They must be really pricy. I bought a Stockys next Gen carbon for a Howa mini. 20oz stock with vertical grip for a hunting stock. Ran 600.00. I've seen Manners and McMillan used like new stocks around the same or cheaper. I had no choice in mine as only a couple are made for that mini action and I wanted lightweight. For my 700 footprints, I'll buy used like new Manners or McMillan stocks before the OTC type generic stock.

Have one for my Savage build. Still waiting on a carbon fiber barrel. From what I've seen so far, the inlets are "snug" and will require slight fitting. I'm fine with that as it allows for a perfect fit.
Otherwise, it appears to be an exceptional stock for the price. Like some others, I will bed the action (300 wm).

Have one for my Savage build. Still waiting on a carbon fiber barrel. From what I've seen so far, the inlets are "snug" and will require slight fitting. I'm fine with that as it allows for a perfect fit.
Otherwise, it appears to be an exceptional stock for the price. Like some others, I will bed the action (300 wm).
Hey, do you (or anyone) know more about the Stocky's Savage inletting? I have a long action, top bolt release, that orginally had the detachable bottom magazine, and I still have the bottom metal and mag. Currently it sits in a XLR chassis, but I am not liking that (accuracy is fine, but I'm just not a chassis kind of guy it turns out). Stocky's does not seem to mention what bottom metal or bolt release is acceptable.

Hey, do you (or anyone) know more about the Stocky's Savage inletting? I have a long action, top bolt release, that orginally had the detachable bottom magazine, and I still have the bottom metal and mag. Currently it sits in a XLR chassis, but I am not liking that (accuracy is fine, but I'm just not a chassis kind of guy it turns out). Stocky's does not seem to mention what bottom metal or bolt release is acceptable.
I purchased Accurate Mag bottom metal for my 300 WM. I also purchased a 3 and 5 round 3.85" mags

The vg2 stocks only work with top bolt release

My son just put one of these on his, Proof barrelled, Tikka, T-3 in 7 PRC and added, a comb Riser and raised Recoil Pad for, Prone use.
Weather permitting, in the next couple of Weeks, we'll know,.. just HOW "Good" it, really is !
But so far,.. he LIKES it ! And he's made it feel, "Comfortable with, a couple of, cheap,.. "Mod's"
I talked him OUT of, the RockStock, as this One Looks to be better for, "All around" Hunting, shooting off hand, sitting over Stix or,.. Prone with, MORE Adjustable Toe "Angle height, adjustments" for field use,.. prone, on Elevated Targets.

Last edited:
My son just put one of these on his, Proof barrelled, Tikka, T-3 in 7 PRC and added, a comb Riser and raised Recoil Pad for, Prone use.
Weather permitting, in the next couple of Weeks, we'll know,.. just HOW "Good" it, really is !
But so far,.. he LIKES it ! And he's made it feel, "Comfortable with, a couple of, cheap,.. "Mod's"
Let us know the results!

@ Tiny, Will do !
He's waiting on, a new BiPod now and the weather here, is Windy Rainy, still.
He has, a good 180 gr. ELD-M load worked up, in his old Tikka Plastic stock, but it Flexed too much ( with Bipod on ) after fitting, the Lge Proof Barrel.
He should be, in Business,.. SOON !

Last edited:
Flimsy stocks are a pain. Have a Remington 700 sps. Had to put the pressure point back in because the stock would slap the barrel during recoil. Glad to hear he's got a good load worked up. Should be fantastic!

He has the Bigger diameter, Proof barrel, the Palma or, Senderaro Barrel, IIRC and it didn't leave much of, the Tikka's Forearm area, but he did shoot, a couple of sub 1/2 MOA Groups with, his hand loads, in it.