Stock weights?

zr600

im finishing up a build and need to pick a stock. I'm looking at the grayboe terrain and the Mesa arms attitude stock. I have handled the grayboe and like it haven't touched the attitude but think I would like it. I have shot a a5 style stock and like the pistol grip. Also like the terrain from grayboe. But the only thing holding me back on the terrain is the weight it's about a pound heavier will I notice that 1 pound much? This will be for a 7remmag with a break used more for a hunting rifle. So I don't want it to be super heavy. I'm putting on a criterion 26" heavy sporter barrel on a remage system with a Remington 700 action. What should I do for bottom metal also? I just don't want a gun that's a tank. What do you think this will end up weighting roughly?

My advice is to get a nicer stock like a McMillan or Manners. The overall quality is much better, and you will be much more satisfied overall. You seem to have a good start so far, so just build it up part by part until its exactly what you want.

im finishing up a build and need to pick a stock. I'm looking at the grayboe terrain and the Mesa arms attitude stock. I have handled the grayboe and like it haven't touched the attitude but think I would like it. I have shot a a5 style stock and like the pistol grip. Also like the terrain from grayboe. But the only thing holding me back on the terrain is the weight it's about a pound heavier will I notice that 1 pound much? This will be for a 7remmag with a break used more for a hunting rifle. So I don't want it to be super heavy. I'm putting on a criterion 26" heavy sporter barrel on a remage system with a Remington 700 action. What should I do for bottom metal also? I just don't want a gun that's a tank. What do you think this will end up weighting roughly?

Well since you're rolling with a 26 inch hbar which is probably 4lbs or more, and then a break, it seems a little silly to fret over 1 lb difference at that point. Ounces equal pounds when you are trying to go light. A lot of these dudes on here really go for lighter barrels, titanium actions, carbon fiber barrels and so forth to save weight. So I guess it depends what you mean by not heavy..

Last edited:
Manners EH1, EH2, EH3. 26oz. Top quality.

I really like Manners stocks. The feel, construction, stiffness, ergonomics, and weight are second to none. And they are just plain sexy.
I have EH1, EH2, T2A, and two PRS2 with a third on the way from Manners in a few months.

Last edited:
Yeah Manners EH1 for sure, mine weighs 28 oz

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.