Bullet weights

Will83

I'm not gonna mention any brands here because that is not the point of my post. I was wondering what is acceptable when it comes to the weight range of a certain bullet. I weighed a box of 260gr. copper 338 bullets and had a range from 257 gr to 262 gr. When I weighed the 300 gr. class bullets, I got many weights from -4gr to +2gr. Another cup and core brand was only off by +/-1 gr in a 300gr. bullet. What do you guys consider acceptable?

I've done the same thing and stopped and started numerous times. I am a hunter and only did small rifle competitions. I didn't see enough to matter for me.
I went BAT STICK crazy when I got a PCP air rifle for killing varmints and practicing. I weighed and mic pellets in different weights brands models and separated them into exact groups. I shot many groups at exact psi etc etc...again I could not see enough gain to come even close to the effort.

The bigger the bullet ,usually bigger spread.If your shooting way out Id want consistent,if your a bench rest guy,you sort everything.I shoot 300 grn. I dont have a 6 grn spread. If I did id sort to a smaller number and use others for fun stuff.