Stock upgrade question


Well-Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
I have a sendero on the way that is in the "sporter" style H&S stock......Im going to build this rifle up into a LRF .... I need to install an adjustable cheak piece , I just dont know where to find one ... Any suggestions ?
You can get a great one from defensive edge, or if you are handy, you can do what I did. I bought a small remnant sheet of kydex plastic online, cut it to shape, boiled it to make it soft and draped it over my sendero applying pressure until it hardened again. Then I slotted it, drilled the stock and using stainless carriage bolts and thumb nuts "voila". Adjustable cheek rest shaped and fitted to my taste.
Preacherman the rifle is a LA RH

Thanks ejones....I'll look inyo that route if I cant find one...Ive never done anything ike this so I may be looking for some direction.

Thanks guys
I have made this poor mans cheek rest. Take one of those elastic ammo holders that fits around the butt of the rifle. I took some pieces of closed cell foam sleeping mat that you can get at Wal-mart, the blue ones, and slipped them under the elastic to build up the comb of the stock till it fit me. Cheep and easy.
Yea I already have one rifle Ive done like that...Thought about doing it to the sendero but I would like something with more adjustabilty and rigidness to it...I believe when I get the rifle in I will ship the stock to dfensive edge and let them install one.
Found an adjustable cheek piece. It's Gunbroker Auction # 138600005 .
They're asking $56.00 for it. You can get it with knobs or allen screws.
Looks pretty good to me.
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.