Stock upgrade?

MT257

I am looking at upgrading my factory stock. I have a Remington 700 long action 257 wby. It started out as a blued fluted barrel, it was rebarreled and trued by PacNor prefire. The barrel contour was matched to what was on the rifle initially. I went to put a piece of paper between the stock and barrel and can run it between the two for 2" roughly. Do I need to go with a stock that has the pressure points or will getting a stock that is free floated going to affect the accuracy of the rifle?

In my mind free floating the barrel will only affect accuracy in a positive way. You can either use a dremel and free float your factory stock or replace your stock with something much better. Redhawk Rifles have HS Precision stocks on sale right now.

In my mind free floating the barrel will only affect accuracy in a positive way. You can either use a dremel and free float your factory stock or replace your stock with something much better. Redhawk Rifles have HS Precision stocks on sale right now.
Have any experience/comparison with the HS vs. BC medalist?

I've only owned one Medalist stock, and the inlet job Bell and Carlson did was garbage, it took lots of work to get it to fit correctly, and this was for a Rem 700. I currently have two HS stocks, and they are awesome for the price.

I am looking at upgrading my factory stock. I have a Remington 700 long action 257 wby. It started out as a blued fluted barrel, it was rebarreled and trued by PacNor prefire. The barrel contour was matched to what was on the rifle initially. I went to put a piece of paper between the stock and barrel and can run it between the two for 2" roughly. Do I need to go with a stock that has the pressure points or will getting a stock that is free floated going to affect the accuracy of the rifle?
Is the stock you have now wood? If it is, why not pillar bed, open the barrel channel for free float, and seal any and all inletting? It doesn't have to be synthetic to shoot!

Is the stock you have now wood? If it is, why not pillar bed, open the barrel channel for free float, and seal any and all inletting? It doesn't have to be synthetic to shoot!
Yes currently a wood stock. I just prefer the synthetic stocks is the reason for changing so that's realistically why I want a different one.

I don't know anything about the Bansner, they look nice at a good price and quite a bit lighter than HS. Difference in weight is aluminum bedding block that extends into the forearm on the HS. Redhawks price is $366.30 after you put it in your cart and available.
There are a lot of great stocks to choose from for a Rem 700 good luck!

McMillan HTC all the way. I can't imagine a better stock than that. I have 3. One for my 375 Ruger, one for my 264 Win Mag, and one for my 25-06. They are simply fantastic.

get a piller fited stock and glass bed action AG H&S Perc, any good stock

If you prefer wood or laminate, take a look at accurate innovations. They put aluminum bedding blocks in them. I have one in a Remington model 7 and one in a model 700. Love them both. I have two BC medalists. One for a model 7 that needed some mill work done to get the safety to work right in an aftermarket timney trigger. The stocks are pretty decent, but a little slick if you ask me and a little thick in the wrist and forend. I have one McMillan hunters edge, and it is perfect.....so that is what I am recommending......good luck!