Stock question

SkipB

This is most likely the wrong forum but does anyone know who makes a left handed stock for a right handed Winchester model 70. I called Boyd's and they say you can't make them for some reason. I would like to pass mine on to my left handed grandson

I'm really surprised Boyd's said no because they're the ones who specifically make left hand stocks. Maybe change the question and ask them if you can buy an entirely non-inletted left hand stock and have a local shop fit it?

This opposite handed action thing (I've seen lefty actions for right handed shooters since leftys are rare) is actually somewhat coming into vogue, to the point some actions are now even offered with backwards bolts - left hand bolt, right hand ejection - so you can open the action on the bench with your left hand and pull the case with your right hand. The doing it all with the left hand appeals to me for a bench rifle so the right hand never comes off the rifle and cheek weld is never broken.

I would have thought so too I can't see where a Winchester action is much different from a Remington action

McMillan might do it, I'm not sure how much has changed with them recently. You other easy option is a McMillan without a cheekpiece. Game Warden and Game scout they will do Winchester inlets and they are ambi stocks. I shoot LH and had a Winchester in a Game Warden.

Just wait till you are sure on which eye is dominant. If they end up right eye dominant, then you are good to go. If they are left eye dominant, the safest bet is to get them a left hand bolt gun.

To answer your question, pretty sure McMillan can do that for you.

Just wait till you are sure on which eye is dominant. If they end up right eye dominant, then you are good to go. If they are left eye dominant, the safest bet is to get them a left hand bolt gun.

To answer your question, pretty sure McMillan can do that for you.
Well he is 20 years old so by now he is pretty set

Boyd's makes them. My elk hunting buddy has one on his weatherby 300 win mag. He actually found it on their close out item section.
Might need to tell them you want a "Left handed cheek piece and a right handed bolt."

This is most likely the wrong forum but does anyone know who makes a left handed stock for a right handed Winchester model 70. I called Boyd's and they say you can't make them for some reason. I would like to pass mine on to my left handed grandson
Boyd's does make them. I got one for my son.

That shouldn't be a problem for them to make for you. It is just inletting a LH stock for a RH action. Might trying asking again, and if you're being told no, ask to speak to someone higher up. Keep going until you're either told exactly why they can't or someone says yes.

Are you looking at the Boyd's with a cheek piece? Most of they're stocks are same either side. You could Get a gunsmith to make you a stock how you want it, I have a hand made maple stock.

My left handed friend bought a Boyd's for a right hand Model 70 in .338 Win. I bedded it for him.