Stock painting

My rattle can sponge job. Ok for a first try and definitely better than the plain black it was originally.
WOW THAT'S AWESOME, You did a great job. I got to try and do one. All these gun stocks look like professional jobs. I'm afraid mine will look like crap, o-well.
Won't know till I try. Thanks. 👍

WOW THAT'S AWESOME, You did a great job. I got to try and do one. All these gun stocks look like professional jobs. I'm afraid mine will look like crap, o-well.
I practiced on a piece of cardboard. There's another thread about painting stocks that is very informative. @lancetkenyon and @LVJ76 gave excellent directions that I followed.
Don't be scared! I sponged a bit and stepped back to look and then sponged some more until I liked it.

Ok so it isn't as nice as yours but here's how mine came out. Still have to put a few coats of matte clear on it.
Rustoleum has some "camo" paints.
Deep Forest Green (dark green)
Army Green (light green)
Khaki (tan)

The darker tan is Rustoleum Satin Dark Taupe

Then Rustoleum 2X Ultracover Matte Clear
IMG_6125.jpeg

We are our worst critic. No matter how it comes out you'll just think it's "ok" and everyone else will think it's a masterpiece. Truth.

That looks really nice!! I like it. How do you like those carbon barrels?
I like them for what they are...big, not cold steel in the stand, "lighter" weight for the profile. They do tend to heat up and stay warm. Definitely a minimum shot barrel for hunting.

This one is kind of counter productive in that the action is a Savage-tanks, chassis is a little heavy at 3 pounds light compared to some at the price point, and scope is a tank. All in it is about 11 pounds. Not super fun to carry, but I am not climbing mountains where I hunt.

This is carbon barrel number 5 for me and another one on the way, so I guess you could say I like them 🤔 .

Sorry to derail.

Some great work and talent on display... well done!
I use Duracoat for my finish: as mentioned it does take a while to cure, but its durable. Here are a few examples of guns I've done with it.
The 325 WSM was my daily hunter in Alaska and that finish was put on over 15 years ago.

Attachments

• 325 wsm.jpg
    325 wsm.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 6.8 SPC.jpg
    6.8 SPC.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 308 AR10.jpg
    308 AR10.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 556 Winter.jpg
    556 Winter.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 556 jungle.jpg
    556 jungle.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 33
  • desert 556.jpg
    desert 556.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 31
I use Duracoat for my finish: as mentioned it does take a while to cure, but its durable. Here are a few examples of guns I've done with it.
The 325 WSM was my daily hunter in Alaska and that finish was put on over 15 years ago.
Any experience with the Duracoat on wood or Laminate stocks ? Or is it Not recommended ?

How do you like that Omega 300 brake?