Stock painting

Any experience with the Duracoat on wood or Laminate stocks ? Or is it Not recommended ?
I've personally never used it on wood, but they state it can be applied to wood. For metal or plastic/carbon fiber, the items should be blasted with aluminum oxide to give the coating a good foundation to grab onto. I expect as long as you had the wood/laminate roughed up with a scotch bright pad with and across the grain, it'd work fine.
I usually get a pretty quick reply when I contact them so expect they'd be happy to answer any questions.

I love it. I like that I can remove the brake and shoot the can without the break, but the break really enhances the recoil reduction. Plus having ASR breaks (also good at recoil reduction) for quick mount from one gun to another makes things real easy.
Awesome. That's great news. I put one in jail in may. Hopefully it come soon but I honestly don't expect it until spring 2024.

Ok. This is the same rifle I posed a few days back but the brake came in and I got it bored out and mounted up. And sighted her back in. So she's ready to rock
IMG_6162.jpeg

I know this thread is a bit old but it inspired me to give the sponge paint a go. I've been tinkering the last few weeks on an old A-bolt that I had laying around. Had a beat up used Bell Carlson stock that I bedded. The paint on it didn't look very good and I figured it couldn't get any worse. Bought the Rustoleum Camo and some clear coat. Used natural sea sponges. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
IMG_7293.jpeg

Last edited:
I know this thread is a bit old but it inspired me to give the sponge paint a go. I've been tinkering the last few weeks on an old A-bolt that I had laying around. Had a beat up used Bell Carlson stock that I bedded. The paint on it didn't look very good and I figured it couldn't get any worse. Bought the Rustoleum Camo and some clear coat. Used natural sea sponges. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. View attachment 533139
Looks like a new gun again with a nice face lift. Nice job. Digging the walls too.