• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED stock inlet for defiance xm length action

trowsers

looking for a stock inlet for a defiance anti-x xm. AG alpine hunter, manners lrh, or eh1. Something along those lines would be preferred but open to whatever youve got

Last edited:
As someone who was very close to doing a build with an XM action, can I offer you some advice? If you're looking to chamber for short mags or PRC'S use a regular long action, you'll be a lot happier with it.

The biggest problem is the whole idea behind the XM action is to give you additional mag length to seat out heavy for caliber high BC bullets in otherwise short action mag and prc cartridges . The problem is for the highest BC bullets it still doesn't give you enough mag length. The other problem is you only have one source for bottom metal and mags. So if defiance decides to dump the XM, that could be a problem over time. Long action with 3.715 bottom metal gives you all the space you'll ever need.

I understand more than anyone that for simplicity reasons, go with long and you have obviously went that way which is fine too each his own, but he wants and XM.
And For the most popular SA cartridges going right now 7rsaum, 6.5 Rsaum, 300 wsm, 6.5 Prc, 7-6.5 prc, all the Sherman SS's and max's ,, an XM is all you will need and they feed like butter 3 deep in an extremely high end hinged floor plate. oh and the following companies also make metal for the Defiance xm length actions and stiller and big horn and lone peak.. the XM craze isn't going anywhere
Hawkins
apa
XLR for chassis
MDT
sunny hill
snowy mountain
for reference 7rsaum W/195 berger seated above neck shoulder junction.. (which are kinda pointless in this small rounds in my opinion .. when a175 or 180 will outrun them for a long ways.. better suited in 28 or the likes)..
in defiance BDL mag box with .050" too spare
20220319_120701.jpg

Good point on the BDL bottom metals I was thinking strictly DBM. Also good point on the Bergers. I was thinking more along the lines of the Warner and Cutting Edge bullets. The difference also becomes much greater when you get up into the 30 Cal rounds. For instance, a 198 grain flat line in a 300 WSM is going to have a COAL 3.325 inches. The maximum COAL on an XM length mag is 3.255".

Recent Posts