stock comparison- bell and carlson vs mcmillan

mrbigtexan

i bought a custom interarms 7mag with a mcmillan m40 stock. are the bell and carlson stocks better? which would you recommend? my only complaint is that it is noisy if banged up against anything. thanks

i bought a custom interarms 7mag with a mcmillan m40 stock. are the bell and carlson stocks better? which would you recommend? my only complaint is that it is noisy if banged up against anything. thanks

The McMillan is the better stock a good margin. What kind of noise is the McMillan making?

Bell and Carlson stocks are OK for the money. Mcmillan stocks cost 2-3 times as much because they are the best. There really is no comparison.

Newer B&C stocks are great older ones not so much. McMillan great stock but many companies make a great stock these days. The most accurate rifle I own has a B&C Medalist A5

In my experience, ALL synthetic stocks make more "noise" than wood or laminate, just the nature of the beast.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.