Bell and carlson Medalist vs Standard Tikka stock

memyselfni

Hi i am looking at switching stocks on my 2506 t3 to a B&C with the aluminium bedding block, how much stiffer will the new stock be compared to the factory plastic stock?

Thanks

Well, I have a B&C on a 338 win mag and B&C did a really great job with this stock. The fit and finish is spot on, Now, having said that of the injected molded plastic stocks I have seen out there the Tikka factory stock is very stiff. I think Tikka engineered a really good plastic stock instead like other manufacturers that basically make a cheap stock they know will be thrown away.

After pumping up the factory stock, I love my B&C stock and am very happy with it. Now have I thoroughly confused you further?

oct2011018.jpg
oct2011022.jpg

Haha, yeah a little more confused now. thanks for the photos, that is the exact stock im looking at getting, maybe 2 as i have 2 tikkas the other one if a 270 wsm. I understand the tikka is great for a factory plastic stock, how do the 2 compare in your opinion?

Hi i am looking at switching stocks on my 2506 t3 to a B&C with the aluminium bedding block, how much stiffer will the new stock be compared to the factory plastic stock?

Thanks

I wiSh that they made stocks for a Sako 75 in a V action. Would buy one in a minute.
7 STW.lightbulb

This stock was derived from the Sako A7 Tecomate edition. That is where I first handled it and when I found out they were offering that design for the Tikka T3 I wanted one. I just liked the feel and ergonomics including a palm swell I have always liked.

I was very pleased with the drop in fit which truthfully could not fit any better and B&C maintained the weight so your T3 lite will still be light. I feel as though this B&C stock balances better than the factory stock. The designers said the consistency of the T3's was so good it made it possible for such a great fit. Anyway I am pleased with the stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.