Steiner T6Xi 5-30x vs NF NX8 4-32x

ReconFister

I currently have the Steiner 5-30x56 and am really happy with it. I'm finishing up a new build and need another scope and am considering the Nightforce. Does anyone have experience with both of these? Glass better on the NF, turrets more tactile etc? Again the new Steiner is great in my opinion, but hopefully someone has input to compare both

I've used both but only own a T6xi. I think the big advantage of the NX8 is it's smaller if you want the big magnification range. I prefer the turrets and MSR2 reticle of the Steiner. That's me. Glass is very good on both to my eyes. I don't have enough time behind the NX8 to split hairs against the Steiner and I think the bigger tube give the T6 give some advantage there. I have not had my rifle fall out of my truck or hammered any nails in with the Steiner yet but so far it tracks and stays zeroed under normal use after 1year. NF are well known for being excellent with holding zero after abuse. Steiner has way better scope caps included. These were the two final candidates I compared a year ago when I was looking. Now there is also the H6xi that may be appealing to you.

I've used both but only own a T6xi. I think the big advantage of the NX8 is it's smaller if you want the big magnification range. I prefer the turrets and MSR2 reticle of the Steiner. That's me. Glass is very good on both to my eyes. I don't have enough time behind the NX8 to split hairs against the Steiner and I think the bigger tube give the T6 give some advantage there. I have not had my rifle fall out of my truck or hammered any nails in with the Steiner yet but so far it tracks and stays zeroed under normal use after 1year. NF are well known for being excellent with holding zero after abuse. Steiner has way better scope caps included. These were the two final candidates I compared a year ago when I was looking. Now there is also the H6xi that may be appealing to you.
Yes the turrets on the Steiner are very good. The new H6xi only comes in moa from what I read, so that's out of the question for me. Thanks for your input!