Starting From Scratch Cold Weather 300 Win Mag Load

My 700 with a 26" barrel likes IMR 4350. I load 68 gr in a win case with a WLR primer. 2935fps .5 moa to 800 yards with a178 gr Amax. I shoot this load from the 20s to the 80s.

I like RL-22 much better than H4831sc in my 300 Win Mag. The Rl22 was just as accurate and at least 75 fps faster.

WW Brass, 75g RL-22, Fed 215 and a 180 Accubond 3125 fps.

I'd try H1000

Temp stability is something I have to deal with a lot and I get excellent results from H4831SC and H1000, I the 300 Win I haven't shot a 180 or 200 gr Accubond since starting shooting elk with a 215 Berger which favors the H1000.

Would love to but how to get some RL-26, it appears to be impossible to locate in Canada. Unless some generous American could source a pound for a guy lol.

I would love to be able to help you Pard....but I'm afraid the "Men In Black" would accuse me of trying to send explosive material to an "International Terrorist"! :):D
I was a soldier in Germany many decades ago, and I thought I was going to literally "die" in minus 40 deg! Don't know how you guys do it, ha.

OK scored well this week, have RL-26 on the way ( 2 pounds ) I scored some once fired WW brass and 50 rounds of new Nosler brass, and 100 rounds of the new Nosler 190 grain Extended Range Accubond! Looking up finally. Now just need best loads with RL-26 Powder.gun):D

Hi Double Dropper,

I like your moniker. I hope that you drop a double this season.

I've hunted for many seasons in the Rockies using mostly H-4831. Whether a late October hunt with freezing temperatures or a September rut elk hunt with temperatures around 70 degrees, when I've pulled triggers, bullets flew as intended.

There might be something to temperature insensitive powder. But I've had no problem with H-4831.

BTW, I've read that RL-22 is identical to Norma's famed MRP. They're both made in Sweden. So I'd guess that if RL-22 has worked for you in prior seasons, it'll continue to drop doubles.

I actually have 2 B&C droptine deer lol

Attachments

• 205ntbuck2 - Copy.jpg
    205ntbuck2 - Copy.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Huntin Pics Yal 045 - Copy.jpg
    Huntin Pics Yal 045 - Copy.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 45
:Dgun):cool:I don't see how I was mistaken....the site showed the same 78.5gr/R26 for a Sierra 190. Barely a grain less for the 200? OK, I guess, I just want you to be happy! lol

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.