Stability Calculations for Solids (Cutting Edge)

7mmShooter

Hi guys, I've seen most running the heavier .375 CE solids are running gain twist barrels (12" to 7.25" seems most common). I just ran the 425gr CE MTH .375 cal in Berger's Twist Rate/Stability Calculator, and at 2700fps at sea level in 0* temperature with a straight 8" twist rate. its pulling 1.93 SG stability... I just ran it at 2700fps because I believe that's what would be seen out of a 375 Allen Xpress running a 32" barrel.

Any thoughts guys? As far as I know Bartlein is the only one doing Gain Twist Rifling... Being able to run them in an 8" twist certainly opens up more options for barrels. Hell, from the few calculations I've run in JBM, the 425s in the Allen Xpress would run pretty close with the 352 MTAC Desert Tech Munitions .375CT factory load.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-06-13-56-37.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-06-13-56-37.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
no help here, but I can say that the 377 grain CEB offering out of a 375 AM @ 3155 FPS didn't stabilize 2 out of 8 shots @ 1020 yards out of a 10 twist barrel.

The three shots successive shots that hit the 1 MOA target went, first shots after setting 300 yard zero, went into 0.6 MOA. The 4th shot key-holed off to the right but at correct elevation.

Go to CEBs site contact section and email them for technical advice. They know their stuff and are way more than friendly.

Rock Creek make a .375 cal barrel in 7 twist 8 r, while not a radical gain twist it does have a slight "gain" as it starts at 7.5 tw and ends at 7tw at the muzzle,

got two 34" blanks in Chey Tac contour recently from them with 1 week ETA .......

A gunsmith that goes by "Sling" here on LRH tipped me off on Rocks 375 cal barrels, apparently he has had great results with the 8r 7tw in his 375 Chey Tac with CEB 375 cal MTAC heavies

Rock Creek make a .375 cal barrel in 7 twist 8 r, while not a radical gain twist it does have a slight "gain" as it starts at 7.5 tw and ends at 7tw at the muzzle,

got two 34" blanks in Chey Tac contour recently from them with 1 week ETA .......

A gunsmith that goes by "Sling" here on LRH tipped me off on Rocks 375 cal barrels, apparently he has had great results with the 8r 7tw in his 375 Chey Tac with CEB 375 cal MTAC heavies

Awesome news Swamplord, Keep us updated on how they work for you. I was looking at Benchmark because they do an 8 twist in .375 but id rather go with the 7 twist if I had the choice :D are Rock barrels button rifled or Cut rifled, do you know? Thanks for the update sir!!

Rock barrels are cut rifled and from the info I got they have reorganized and have stepped up production to shorten lead times on certain caliber barrels, give them a call for more info on what you need

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.