Speer new Bullets

They were released 3 or more years ago... just never really hit the market with the timing. There will eventually be more caliber offerings and weights of current calibers since they are now going to be loaded in a new line of Remington ammo... which also means they will be forever backlogged as a component for sale.

They were released 3 or more years ago... just never really hit the market with the timing. There will eventually be more caliber offerings and weights of current calibers since they are now going to be loaded in a new line of Remington ammo... which also means they will be forever backlogged as a component for sale.
As far as I can tell they're a tipped federal fusion. All that "one molecule at a time" market spin: it's a bonded bullet That's made by electroplating copper onto lead instead of using some kind of chemical flux to fuse a preformed jacket to a core. Which is just fine. The fusions are good bullets.

• Molecularly fused jacket maximizes weight retention and improves accuracy BONDED
  • Slipstream polymer tip increases downrange energy and initiates low-velocity expansion I thought I had a toy Transformer named that?
  • High ballistic coefficients for flatter trajectories and better long-range performance Not until Patron Saint Litz says so!
  • Close-range penetration and long-distance expansion They've managed to flip terminal ballistics and physics like Jesus did tables at the temple!
  • Competitively priced For today's market? Bwahahahaha
Very good marketing BTW. It's gotta be hard to stay competitive when there's only micro thin envelopes of advancements in the technology and innovations out there.

I shoot the 140's and the 172's, the 140's worked great on last seasons Pronghorn at 430yds from a 6.5 Man Bun. I haven't had an opportunity with the 172's but they shoot great from a 300 WSM. Something to note if you decide to try them is that they seem to be a bit oversize and hit pressure sooner with lower charge weights. They are a different shape than the Fusions.

I shoot the 140's and the 172's, the 140's worked great on last seasons Pronghorn at 430yds from a 6.5 Man Bun. I haven't had an opportunity with the 172's but they shoot great from a 300 WSM. Something to note if you decide to try them is that they seem to be a bit oversize and hit pressure sooner with lower charge weights. They are a different shape than the Fusions.
Overbore size by how much? Bearing surface long too?