Some Nightforce questions

Riflemanse

Hi

Im planing to buy a new scope for my long range hunting/target stick that are beeinb built right now. Caliber is 300 WM.

I have never owned a Nightforce but been reading a lott about them.
The model I think suits me best is the NXS 3.5-15x50 since I need a low magnufication for shorter ranges. (Long range is not that common where I hunt)

What reticle can you recomend? I have read good stuff about the NP-R1.
Since im from Sweden im used to think in the metric system, is there any metric reticle and adjustments on the turrets to chose?
If so, what should I specify when ordering?

Thanks in advance

// Johan

I use and highly recommend the NPR-2 Reticle

NPR-255X22-1.gif

Since im from Sweden im used to think in the metric system, is there any metric reticle and adjustments on the turrets to chose?
I'd say the last thing you need to do is confuse yourself with inches and MOA. Get the MLR reticle, which is Mils and .1 Mil click turret (each click nicely works out to 1 cm at 100 meters).

I'd say the last thing you need to do is confuse yourself with inches and MOA. Get the MLR reticle, which is Mils and .1 Mil click turret (each click nicely works out to 1 cm at 100 meters).

I agree totally, since you are familar with metric stay with it. No reason to change..

Hi

I hace calculated a little and it seems like its out of my budget right now. :-(
Starting a new thread with new questions :)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.