Nightforce questions

Casscade

The 1st is on the NF 6 screw rings, they have a cut out in the center of the ring, I'm assuming it's for some type of resin or something. When looking at actual ring contact it isn't any more than the 2 screw rings from what I can tell, so my question is, as for as civilian use are they mainly just for looks other than rail contact?

2nd question is on the nx8 2.5-20x50, the f1 version shows a larger fov than the f2 model in the same power in the NF website, is this a misprint or can someone maybe confirm that has had both. Thanks.

The 1st is on the NF 6 screw rings, they have a cut out in the center of the ring, I'm assuming it's for some type of resin or something. When looking at actual ring contact it isn't any more than the 2 screw rings from what I can tell, so my question is, as for as civilian use are they mainly just for looks other than rail contact?
I asked them about that cut out because like you I was thinking I was getting more surface area contact, their reply was they want more pressure on the scope tube. I bedded mine with Devcon so I have my surface area that I was after.