Sold expired

Not really trying to slow down your Brownells negativity rant but, I really like that company, their service, and quality. Right there, in middle of Iowa corn country, maybe you're too far away to get the good service. That outfit is about as American as she gets, these days. Hopefully they just keep e'm up and running for long time.

I'm a firm believer in vote with your dollars when it comes to shopping and brands.

That said, I have been purchasing from Brownells (and prior to that Sinclair) for a long time and would bet they are probably one of the sources I use most often for general items. Have they ever made a mistake with my order? Sure, but they have never been rude (nor I rude to them), they have NEVER refused to make something right and have offered an apology. I'm not niece enough to believe that they haven't had a moment of less than stellar service with customers before, but my experience has been 100% positive over many years and likely thousands of transactions.

There isn't a doubt that the past 2 years have been hard on businesses .... gun ownership is up significantly, supplies and labor are down significantly, the industry is under fire constantly. They are a high volume business.

Selfishly, I hope some of the business walks away from them ... sure will make things easier for me. I don't think that the majority of the industry shares the same negativity towards Brownells and they will carry on with more than enough satisfied customers.

Business have adopted a "it's COVID's fault" mentality to everything and now poor customer service or often NO customer service is no seen as ok. Delays in shipping product, no longer answering customer service calls, no longer responding to emails, ridiculous hold times are all now the norm.
they sure have because it is mostly true, can't get supplies from overseas and when they do arrive, they sit in the harbor or out at sea for weeks, truckers can't afford the huge spike in fuel prices so products sit in warehouses, most businesses are under staffed in customer service department with every buddy sitting on the couch or only working from home [ that's a joke ] and with peoples me first and now attitude no wonder they delete emails or ignore calls. so ya a lot can be covid's fault but also the customer bears some responsibility here.

supply chains are a joke and i dont see anything changing anytime soon, one other thing to think about, how many websites have been crashing the last couple years because when things finally show up people need everybody rushes at the same time crashing the site and when they try to update the site people complain about that too.

Brownells started out as a gunsmith supply. During the Obama years they began the transition to supply the average shooter, kinda' like MidWay. Fast forward to today, every business is having troubles hiring these days. Just look around, "HIRING" signs in about everywhere. I think they built and moved into a new warehouse a while back, and they still don't have that sorted out, along with the hiring problems all businesses have. Sounds like they have and are having some problems, but I haven't experienced problems yet, and I order a few times a month. I can't imagine working in customer service there. Sadly, they don't seem to carry the regular repair parts that a working shop needs.

Not really trying to slow down your Brownells negativity rant but, I really like that company, their service, and quality. Right there, in middle of Iowa corn country, maybe you're too far away to get the good service. That outfit is about as American as she gets, these days. Hopefully they just keep e'm up and running for long time.
Yep BROWNELLs is as American as they get - fraudulently charging customers accounts, no customer service, taking months to get back to customers, shutting down the customer service email link, taking months to issue refunds, etc. After two months and being on hold for over 10 hours, one woman finally apologized. Won't spend one dime at BROWNELLs ever again, and with that hopefully this thread can be put to rest.

Last edited:
Yep BROWNELLs is as American as they get - fraudulently charging customers accounts, no customer service, taking months to get back to customers, shutting down the customer service email link, taking months to issue refunds, etc. After two months and being on hold for over 10 hours, one woman finally apologized. Won't spend one dime at BROWNELLs ever again, and with that hopefully this thread can be put to rest.
Wow, any buisness would be quite happy to lose a guy like you as a customer. Time to move on, Brownells, still great outfit!! Go do that Canadian shopping you"re trying to promote,see how that works for ya. Send more stuff back, no way you're the real problem, have a good hunt.

Wow, any buisness would be quite happy to lose a guy like you as a customer. Time to move on, Brownells, still great outfit!! Go do that Canadian shopping you"re trying to promote,see how that works for ya. Send more stuff back, no way you're the real problem, have a good hunt

Even on this thread, you're in the minority. Go to trust pilot - read the reviews. You like BROWNELLs that your opinion, just like my experience formed my opinion. Your personal attack is unwarranted and inappropriate. With guys like you and companies like BROWNELL the antis don't need Hilary to end hunting and shooting sports.

Last edited:
I haven't had much of a problem and been update a long the way with Brownell, and not much different than other suppliers. I have been Notified by Brownell they were not carry a produce any longer which didn't make me to happy, but that's life. I had several Redding bushing die order and received, powder received, Total about 12 order filled here just lately (to many to count before that), some longer waiting and others quicker. I still have 3 items on order from them. Like wise I have been held up by other company, and never got anything back from them either. Do I like it! No! Brownell and others, have ask me about Items if I still want them also. Items I am looking for nobody else seem to have them either. Brownell has a shipping fee of one time a year for less than $50.00. So a little order or large order no additional shipping charges, only hazmat charges. I have saved that much this year already.
I had some many items on order I finally had to make a list of what and from whom I had order from. That has help me a lot to track items.
At the same point and time: Where and the Hell is the powder and primers at. Somebody is sucking it up somewhere. The manufactures are claiming they are running double and triple shifts, but still no powder or primers.
Just because several million firearms were sold, doesn't mean they were reloaders either. I can see factory ammo being gone, but reloading equipment and components gone too. I have been through several shortages before, and not having the net to work from either.
Some of the things I've seen is some company on the net will allow you to ask them to show what they have, and not making us go through everything to find out it's not available.

Even on this thread, you're in the minority. Go to trust pilot - read the reviews. You like BROWNELLs that your opinion, just like my experience formed my opinion. Your personal attack is unwarranted and inappropriate. With guys like you and companies like BROWNELL the antis don't need Hilary to end hunting and shooting sports.
Was not; at all'a personal attack there. Without a doubt, you're just about the best complainer ever, good luck, with Canadian services that you like so well!!

Last edited:
Was not; at all'a personal attack there. Without a doubt, you're the just about the best complainer ever, good luck, with Canadian services that you like so well!!
If you don't like the truth put your head back in the sand or someplace else. Your repeated comment about Tesro corroborates either your inexperience or foolishness. Tesro is one of the largest distributors of brass, etc in North America, but since you're such an expert on everything you already knew that tidbit, right?

But, hey, maybe you're right. I caused BROWNELLs to fraudulently charge my account. I also caused them to shut down their customer service email link. I also caused the 189 one star reviews on trust pilot. I also caused the 50 complaints to the Better Business Bureau within the past six months. Yep, I also caused them to charge the one guy in this thread who was charged $600 in shipping.

Like I said, people like you and companies like BROWNELLs have done more damage to hunting and shooting sports that the antis combined.

I haven't had much of a problem and been update a long the way with Brownell, and not much different than other suppliers. I have been Notified by Brownell they were not carry a produce any longer which didn't make me to happy, but that's life. I had several Redding bushing die order and received, powder received, Total about 12 order filled here just lately (to many to count before that), some longer waiting and others quicker. I still have 3 items on order from them. Like wise I have been held up by other company, and never got anything back from them either. Do I like it! No! Brownell and others, have ask me about Items if I still want them also. Items I am looking for nobody else seem to have them either. Brownell has a shipping fee of one time a year for less than $50.00. So a little order or large order no additional shipping charges, only hazmat charges. I have saved that much this year already.
I had some many items on order I finally had to make a list of what and from whom I had order from. That has help me a lot to track items.
At the same point and time: Where and the Hell is the powder and primers at. Somebody is sucking it up somewhere. The manufactures are claiming they are running double and triple shifts, but still no powder or primers.
Just because several million firearms were sold, doesn't mean they were reloaders either. I can see factory ammo being gone, but reloading equipment and components gone too. I have been through several shortages before, and not having the net to work from either.
Some of the things I've seen is some company on the net will allow you to ask them to show what they have, and not making us go through everything to find out it's not available.
Hi Mike. I'm with ya brother. I purchased tons of primers, brass, bullets from Creedmoor Sports and yes that dreaded Canadian company Tesro. My personal hypothesis on the reloading component "shortage" is really not a shortage at all, it's a artifact of bullet manufacturers getting into the ammo business. For instance, Sierra and several others discovered that the profit margin was triple in ammo rather than selling bullets. All of the sporting goods stores around me (bass pro, sportsman warehouse, Scheels) has ammo galore but no powder or brass or bullets. Just a thought, and yes I plug the stores that actually believe in good customer service like Scheels, Sportsman, Tesro, Creedmoor Sports.

If you don't like the truth put your head back in the sand or someplace else. Your repeated comment about Tesro corroborates either your inexperience or foolishness. Tesro is one of the largest distributors of brass, etc in North America, but since you're such an expert on everything you already knew that tidbit, right?

But, hey, maybe you're right. I caused BROWNELLs to fraudulently charge my account. I also caused them to shut down their customer service email link. I also caused the 189 one star reviews on trust pilot. I also caused the 50 complaints to the Better Business Bureau within the past six months. Yep, I also caused them to charge the one guy in this thread who was charged $600 in shipping.

Like I said, people like you and companies like BROWNELLs have done more damage to hunting and shooting sports that the antis combined.
Again Great trolling, it is a Canada thing, by God, Hopefully you can keep er up , ya could, just might, put em under. But , hey, seriously have to sleep, work in morning!! Have a good one Champ, you win!!

Again Great trolling, it is a Canada thing, by God, Hopefully you can keep er up , ya could, just might, put em under. But , hey, seriously have to sleep, work in morning!! Have a good one Champ, you win!!
Dream of Santa coming through Canada bringing you free products and free shipping from BROWNELLs. Lol

Last edited:

Recent Posts