Sold expired

OldHunter59

I used to purchase tons of stuff at Sinclair International - top quality, great customer service. Then BROWNELLs bought them out and the customer service has steadily declined over the years.

Two months ago, I decided to get back into long range shooting and needed a good front rest. I looked around and decided to give Sinclair's light Varmit rest a try. Ordered one online, card was charged, email confirmation never issued, and a week later the order was cancelled. I called BROWNELLs, was on hold, given the option to have their automated system call me back when it was my turn. No call back, so the next day I called them again and after two hours on hold, I finally spoke to a customer service representative - not even a hint of an apology. She did ask me if I wanted to order a different model. I ordered the heavy Varmit rest $498.

Here it is six weeks later and guess what. Yep, BROWNELLs again charged my card for the original order - no I did not put it on backorder I called and asked for a supervisor. She had complete attitude and again no apology for the fraudulent charge. Guess what - I'm packing up everything and returning it ($1065). I'll buy an seb and be done with it.

I just looked up reviews online (trust pilot) and there are literally 200 recent reviews similar to mine. I looked up BROWNELLs on better business bureau - same thing.

Buyer be VERY aware of the current BROWNELLs - they ain't your grandpa's BROWNELLs!

Last edited:
I think things have changed there drastically too. They overcharged me recently and I can't get them to respond. I've emailed them twice with no response. I called and it said I was number 86 in-line on hold, I tried live chat and she said she couldn't help me but put in a work order.
I'm not giving them my business anymore

Ugh! I hate to see this. I did get an email stating they were changing their system on back orders. I ordered a set of Redding dies and bushings. I received two bushings so far, but no dies. They did charge my card. I just hope they get it together as it would be a sad day to lose a good source for products in our hobby.

BROWNELLs told me that they "are in the process of changing systems". Complete lie. Bbb and trust pilot reviews show that their disdain for customer has been going on for at least two years. They can't blame Covid for disdain for customers, fradulent charges, not shipping items, refusing to issue refunds, etc. As far as I'm concerned, I will never order another item from BROWNELLs. When companies engage in these practices, the industry suffers.

never had any problems with Brownells. even within the last few months when their system was causing problems. I use the online chat and make sure that i am polite and respectful in my request and any issue has been solved within minutes. remember that the way you communicate online can be taken the wrong way very easy. even when talking on phone peoples attitude has changed in the way the communicate with being polite going out the window and i want service NOW being the tone of the day

never had any problems with Brownells. even within the last few months when their system was causing problems. I use the online chat and make sure that i am polite and respectful in my request and any issue has been solved within minutes. remember that the way you communicate online can be taken the wrong way very easy. even when talking on phone peoples attitude has changed in the way the communicate with being polite going out the window and i want service NOW being the tone of the day
You're implying that I wasn't polite which is incorrect. However, my patience has run out and I will demand a full refund of all items.I will also never recommend BROWNELLs to anyone.

You're implying that I wasn't polite which is incorrect. However, my patience has run out and I will demand a full refund of all items.I will also never recommend BROWNELLs to anyone.
people in general have adopted a i want it now attitude and dont realize it. you have to be in or know someone in customer service to see it

BROWNELLs told me that they "are in the process of changing systems". Complete lie. Bbb and trust pilot reviews show that their disdain for customer has been going on for at least two years. They can't blame Covid for disdain for customers, fradulent charges, not shipping items, refusing to issue refunds, etc. As far as I'm concerned, I will never order another item from BROWNELLs. When companies engage in these practices, the industry suffers.
I don't do too much cancel culture. I also flat do not do business and spend my money at companies who actively counter my values as I have my entire life. So far only Nike, Levi, and First Lite are on my don't spend money with again list. I'm on my last pair of Levi pants, will wear them out on the first load of hay. This trend of appalling customer service is growing rapidly, and I flat do NOT BELIEVE THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT at all. There are some great companies I have found in just the last two years who have phenomenal customer service. The big dogs may just see a big kick in the rear end for their lack of caring for their customers like real human beings not numbers in a monster computer.

I don't do too much cancel culture. I also flat do not do business and spend my money at companies who actively counter my values as I have my entire life. So far only Nike, Levi, and First Lite are on my don't spend money with again list. I'm on my last pair of Levi pants, will wear them out on the first load of hay. This trend of appalling customer service is growing rapidly, and I flat do NOT BELIEVE THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT at all. There are some great companies I have found in just the last two years who have phenomenal customer service. The big dogs may just see a big kick in the rear end for their lack of caring for their customers like real human beings not numbers in a monster computer.
BROWNELLs has a superior than you attitude so they're in the rear view kirror

Thanks for passing on these stories. I haven't bought from Brownells for quite a while. Mostly because their prices are on the high side.

Now they're even refusing to provide copies of invoices - they know I'm going to return their products. The arrogance and disdain for customers is prolific at BROWNELLs. Truly Unbelievable