So many scopes, so little time and $$

Echo5Hotel

Aside from the leading scope manufactures are there any other names that are proven to function under magnum recoil rifles? Alpen Outdoor Corp, Barska, Konus USA Corp, Mueller, and Optronics Inc are some other names I have come across in research. Also BSA and Tasco have a few higher end models that looked decent. I'm looking for at least a 6x20x44 power or better with target style adjustment knobs while maintaining a budget of about $450-500. Can anyone shed some light on this situation?

I'll get you some prices tomorrow. We can get you a better scope than the ones you mentioned and still keep you under budget.

Sound like you need a Nikon Monarch 6.5-20x44. Great scope and much better than the scopes mention and can be had for under your price limits.

Look at sightron you could get a used 6-24 target scope for around $300. Good glass and great tracking

Re: Millet?

I had one of the first millet 6-25 by 56 mm about a year or two ago. Outside apperance looked good but glass not up to par,tracking was just terrible. I hope I just got a bad one but thats the last millet I will buy.

Re: Millet?

Hey Reed, still got it?
if so, ill take it off your hands for a fair price.

Bushnell Banner

Found a Bushnell Banner 6-18x50 w/target knobs for $120 shipped NIB. Has anyone had any experience with this scope?

Re: Bushnell Banner

I had one and it was okay but it was not repeatable.

Still for the money the buckmasters cant be beat.

Yuup ,

$289 for a 6 x 18 w/ side focus

$399 for a 6.5 x 20 monarch

Forget the cheap stuff because it's >>>>> cheap !!!!

echo5hotel,i went down the same road with many things and went the "cheap" way including scopes and it wound up costing me more than if i had saved some money and bought quality "stuff" to begin with.the tracking of the cheaper bushnell,bsa,tasco etc target scopes can be pretty bad.i have a nikon buckmaster 6-18-40 target knobs.paid 289 for it about 3 months ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.