Smoked Gator

59FLH

I just got home from a cook out, Smoked Gator, Pork Shoulders, Chickens, and Brisket. I did not cook so I have no recipe to share, BUT I did eat. Going into a food coma soon so Ill check back later.

Attachments

• 992EF6E6-7A8E-4D9D-9A96-377F39976DB2.jpeg
    992EF6E6-7A8E-4D9D-9A96-377F39976DB2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 88
  • 462F1E67-2C37-46E5-80DA-11F6A1F6D405.jpeg
    462F1E67-2C37-46E5-80DA-11F6A1F6D405.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
So I take it it was good? I've tried it a few different ways, but to be fair think it's all garbage compared to fried? If it was that's my next way to try it! Once I stock the freezer again when season opens in August of course!

I've always wanted to try gator when I was stationed in the South, but never had any. I imagine it's good.

I did not get a chance to talk in-depth to the cook, but his uncles mentioned he brined them (wet or dry IDK) personal concoction cajun rub then on the smoker they went, unknown wood.

It was excellent, I wish I would have taken a pic of the carcasses, they crushed them, men women and children.

Nobody mentioned frying, my guess is they did not have a 5' diameter frying pan.

I don't eat chicken....well they say gator tastes like chicken, so why try
Seriously, I dont eat repilians or amhibians, not my thing
Enjoy what you like!

I don't eat chicken....well they say gator tastes like chicken, so why try
Seriously, I dont eat repilians or amhibians, not my thing
Enjoy what you like!
My little sister told me that's where I went wrong hunting as a youth, she said squirrels, are a gate way meat.

My little sister told me that's where I went wrong hunting as a youth, she said squirrels are a gate way meat.
I love squirrels, I even ate hedgehog. There are some things that I have a "mind block", I eat brains and eyes and tongue of mamals. Just can't handle reptilians and amphibians. There are probably 4 billion people or more who enjoy them, so I leave it for them.