Smoked Elk Tenderloin!

bigngreen

Ya I said Smoked Elk Tenderloin!!!! Took and pumped up the tenderloins from the bull I killed a week ago with a ham brine and let them soak for a couple days then smoked them in my new smoker, came out unbelievable!! Makes the dragging and packing a little easier :D

DSCF0434.jpg

looks good, when you said pumped up, do you mean injected with brine. Similar to making Pastrami?

We've been using a Little Chief smoker in an old frig at my buddies, we made some good stuff so this year I bought the large Masterbuilt and WOW, what an upgrade. We haven't stuffed sausage yet so well see how it works with that before I make a judgement on it but it's looking like a very good buy, so far very happy with it.

Ken, ya it's a ham brine that we inject into it then let it set, and then smoke it up.

Going to smoke up some cheap turkeys after Thanksgiving :D So far we've only got a few hundred pounds for sausage, need a few more deer and an other elk or two :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.