Small or large rifle primer pros & cons

I didn't know there was any cases that used a small rifle primer to lite 100 gr of powder. Would you please give an example?
There isn't--yet. However, recently I had a discussion wherein a party suggested a smaller primer hole (.065) as opposed to the large rifle (.007). OK, OK, you're right, it does sound a bit James Bondish... But if one were to have brass made for a specific rifle should that be a consideration? I imagine one advantage might be longer case life due the stronger webbing, but would going smaller increase the odds of ignition failure? These custom cases would run anywhere from (depending on caliber/size/complexity) say $4-$20 each and last--warranted--at least 25 to 50 reloads.

I'm real new to the small primer use in cases like the Creedmoor. There are many stories online of people having hang fire or no firing under low temperature conditions. Powder type probably plays a part in all this.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts