Slowing down a hot cartridge (don't hate on me for asking)

So. Went to the Rsnge today as I said ! After adjusting the new Kenton turret on my Leupold scope I fired this last group of three! A reduced load allowed me to easily get on target , re Zero the turret and next week I will take it to the 200 yards Rsnge !iwill increase the charge by 1/2 Grn to 74.5 I know it's laughed at , but I find reduced loads in. Magnums helpful at the beginning of the sighting in process

Attachments

• IMG_4331.jpeg
    IMG_4331.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Good news! We got a winner! I got some 90 grin Hammers and loaded them in the 270 WBY over the minimum load of H1000, and bam....we hit the jackpot. 1 MOA (remember, this rifle struggled to keep em on a dinner plate when we started), very mild recoil and 3420 FPS with an ES of 13 fps. This will be lightening on deer and coyotes this fall, and can be shot by anyone without risk of being scoped, or shoulder beat up. My friend could not be happier with the outcome, an neither can I.
Thanks to Steve at Hammer Bullets for thing my call(s) and talking through this. These results will really make a difference for this guy. I intended to keep the target to post the results but it downpours after we shot and the target washed right off the board.