Silver Fox (Black or Melanistic Red Fox)...Ever seen one?

IMG_7461.png

No, this is NOT my picture...I got this off of the internet

I questioned my sanity for a while after I saw it....

But this is definately what I saw...broad daylight...no alcohol involved... :)

I have a crazy story of the only silver fox I have ever seen. It was years ago when I had text but no internet on my phone. I was bowhunting early season when one afternoon a silver fox came by at 20 yards. I didn't even know what it was, and watched it go out of sight. So I'm sitting there dumbfounded wondering if this was new, when all of the sudden here it came back full speed with a coyote right behind him! At the time I'd never seen a coyote. So now I'm freaking out thinking no one is gonna believe this. I called my wife and said I know this sounds crazy BUT is there such thing as a black fox....... And do coyotes chase foxs??????? She looked it up on the computer and texted me that I wasn't crazy.... LOL. I'll never forget that day.

I have a crazy story of the only silver fox I have ever seen. It was years ago when I had text but no internet on my phone. I was bowhunting early season when one afternoon a silver fox came by at 20 yards. I didn't even know what it was, and watched it go out of sight. So I'm sitting there dumbfounded wondering if this was new, when all of the sudden here it came back full speed with a coyote right behind him! At the time I'd never seen a coyote. So now I'm freaking out thinking no one is gonna believe this. I called my wife and said I know this sounds crazy BUT is there such thing as a black fox....... And do coyotes chase foxs??????? She looked it up on the computer and texted me that I wasn't crazy.... LOL. I'll never forget that day.
So you were bow hunting and saw a fox and coyote then decided to call your wife? Instead of hunting buddies??? Oh man Admin we can't have this here!!!! Lol just kidding. I've seen a couple over the years here but a fella used to raise artic fox when I was growing up down the road. Figured just a strain of dna that prolly got loose.