Sightron SIII but no zerostop

My Vortex PST 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA has a zero stop. I used to count clicks for distance and windage. Now I use a Custom Turret for distance and hold for wind.

It is so much easier and faster for me with the zero stop and custom turret. I use my laser rangefinder to get the distance in yards then I dial the turret to the yards then hold for wind and shoot. :):):):) gun) - - - - - - - - -

Testing new Vortex custom turret. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

joseph

It's only faster dialing back down. Dialing up to make a longer shot is the same.....

It's only faster dialing back down. Dialing up to make a longer shot is the same.....

I don't understand? You do not have to count clicks to dial up for a longer shot. You just turn your turret to the corresponding number for your distance and shoot. The numbers on the custom turret correspond to the arc of the bullet as it goes down range. Mine is calibrated for a 6mm Norma BR. with 105 gr. Berger VLDs. The turret goes to 900 yds. and is dead nuts accurate at every distance to 900 yds. and there are 25 yd. increments in-between every 100 yd. mark.

joseph

I have the 10-50 MOA illuminated and I don't need or care for the zerostop in this scope. scope has 10MOA per revolution I have mine set up so that if it's on zero I can't go down another revolution so it's impossible to not know were my zero is. I have 46MOA adjustment up after I set it and re zero'd the scope. I LOVE MINE!!!!
How is the mirage at 50X zoom??
Looking at the same scope but I'd like a first focal plane scope so it may be out.
Looks like it might be a viper instead

I don't understand? You do not have to count clicks to dial up for a longer shot. You just turn your turret to the corresponding number for your distance and shoot. The numbers on the custom turret correspond to the arc of the bullet as it goes down range. Mine is calibrated for a 6mm Norma BR. with 105 gr. Berger VLDs. The turret goes to 900 yds. and is dead nuts accurate at every distance to 900 yds. and there are 25 yd. increments in-between every 100 yd. mark.

joseph

Custom turrets are nice to see yardage, but I think a lot of us already have are holdovers memorized. I was actually referencing about the zero stop. Zero stops don't make dialing up any faster, they just make it easier to dial down without using your eyes.

Custom turrets are nice to see yardage, but I think a lot of us already have are holdovers memorized. I was actually referencing about the zero stop. Zero stops don't make dialing up any faster, they just make it easier to dial down without using your eyes.
True but you don't get lost when trying to get back to your original zero with the zero stop.gun)

I got ya now.

joseph

True but you don't get lost when trying to get back to your original zero with the zero stop.gun)

I don't think I'll forget the mil/MOA number (setting it to zero at 100 yds) when turn back to zero because if you keep repeating dial up and down over and over.

or write down a piece of tiny paper and tape it over the ring's side. It could work, hmm?

My previous post on this thread had nothing to do with the purpose of a zero stop. I bet they can be very useful. My point is that all of a sudden if a scope doesn't have one its not worthy to sit on some people's rifle. I say learn to use your freaking equipment and stop relying solely on gadgets. The gadgets are good but they should aid you, not hinder you if they stop working or in this case if you don't have it. Reminds me of all the soldiers I train always wanting to use a GPS, ballistic calc, laser range finder, etc.

I think we are just getting too spoiled.

Or maybe I'm just bitter because I've never had the means to spoil myself.:D:D

I don't think I'll forget the mil/MOA number (setting it to zero at 100 yds) when turn back to zero because if you keep repeating dial up and down over and over.

or write down a piece of tiny paper and tape it over the ring's side. It could work, hmm?
My mistake that should have read WITHOUT the zero stop not with:cool: see how easy it is to get lost:D

I've taken note of the horizontal line on the turret that coincides with my zero. If I was really worried that I would forget I could put a dab of paint there.

I dial up and down a lot.......

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.