Sightron SIII FFP

H2odoctor

Just recently picked up a 6.5x284 that I'd like to try for long range (up to 600 yds) deer hunting.

I've been thinking of FFP and looking at the SIII 6-24x50. I've had lower power Sightrons in SFP and like them.

Can anybody tell me about the Sightron. How will compare to my 4-20x50 Burris Veracity?

I have a SIII 6-24x50 with FFP reticle and the scope is incredible. I have it mounted on one of my long range hunting rifles and really have nothing but good to say about the scope.

The only con I have with the SIII FFP reticle for hunting is the cross hair gets really fine on lower power so it can be difficult to see in low light on low power. I can still see it but it would be nice if the dot was illuminated.

Just recently picked up a 6.5x284 that I'd like to try for long range (up to 600 yds) deer hunting.

I've been thinking of FFP and looking at the SIII 6-24x50. I've had lower power Sightrons in SFP and like them.

Can anybody tell me about the Sightron. How will compare to my 4-20x50 Burris Veracity?

I have an siii and a veracity, both are excellent scopes! I really couldn't choose between the two for which is better. I do like the MADS style turret for hunting on the veracity, but you really couldn't wrong with either.

I have a SIII 6-24x50 with FFP reticle and the scope is incredible. I have it mounted on one of my long range hunting rifles and really have nothing but good to say about the scope.

The only con I have with the SIII FFP reticle for hunting is the cross hair gets really fine on lower power so it can be difficult to see in low light on low power. I can still see it but it would be nice if the dot was illuminated.

Yep ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/-4Avq4t8jaE?t=97[/ame]

I have an siii and a veracity, both are excellent scopes! I really couldn't choose between the two for which is better. I do like the MADS style turret for hunting on the veracity, but you really couldn't wrong with either.

My eyesight and applications favors the 4-20x50 Veracity on my .270 AI.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.