Sightron SIII FFP

INTERESTING...... Can you tell me how you hold for a 10mph wind from the right at 400 yds??????

I would think just holding somewhere out in blank land?????? The nightforce velocity reticle gives you a reference point. Of course I could adjust the windage turret on the right side to compensate for wind mph.

Share your thoughts
ODAVID

This reticle is already in use in their SFP scopes and people love it. You have 2MOA hash lines and the posts start at 1 MOA from center. I don't quite get why you would be holding in "blank land"

+/-10 MOA of windage hold off should be good for a 10 mph full value wind at about 1,000 yds for 308 Win. I don't see the problem either.

Looks like a dam nice scope. Moa windage marks are much more accurate then reticles based off specific ballistic criteria, moa can be used on any firearm, any load, temp or altitude!

Those SIII's are pretty nice. I just ordered one from Optics Planet, SIII 6-24X50mm. I went with the cheaper model than the original post, It's not the FFP, I got model #25133 for under $700 shipped. I've been looking at these and the Leupold VX-3 for several months. Finally had the money. I should have it in a few weeks.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.