Sightron SIII question

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Erik Kiser, May 28, 2014.

1. Erik Kiser

Erik Kiser Well-Known Member

Are there two different 6-24 models with different turrets? Some pics I see look like the turret is a larger exposed turret and some look like a capped turret. Is it just the pics and they're all capped? Thanks

2. Browninglover1

Browninglover1 Well-Known Member

Some of them are capped and some are not; I have scopes with both turret options and like both of them. I just pull the caps off my capped turrets most the time, but it is very nice to be able to cap the windage turret to not worry about bumping it. The clicks both feel the same and both track nicely.

3. Erik Kiser

Thank you. Just finishing up a build and getting ready to order a scope. I prefer the larger non capped so I know now to pay attention while ordering. Thank you again

4. Browninglover1

Browninglover1 Well-Known Member

If you order the LRMOA-2 it is only available in the the larger, non-capped turret. It's a fantastic scope. Be sure and shop around when you order it because some vendors are over $100 cheaper than others.

5. Erik Kiser

Awesome! That's the one I want. Makes it easier. Now just finding the right deal

6. runshort

runshort Well-Known Member

If I did this right the pic is of a Sightron S3 6x24x50 LRMOA. The turrets come exposed on this model.

Attached Files:

7. calling4life

calling4life Well-Known Member

They also have FFP models, so pay attention to what you're buying.

I've owned 3 of the 8-32x56, they are absolutely fantastic scopes.