Sightron scopes, others?

jsali

I have a long range 300 win mag setup. I currently had a bushnell elite 3200 5-15x40 sitting on it. It worked great ... for a while. After shots started hitting everything but the bullseye I sent it to bushnell for a checkup. The erector tube had come loose and the zero was shifting (so much for 1000 rounds through a .375). I am thinking of selling that one (it's repaired now) to someone who doesn't shoot as much as I do and won't put as much wear and tear on it then I would like to purchase a Sightron SII 4-16x42 target model. Any experience with these or any other suggestions. Keep in mind I just spent $1300 on super dooper accurizing my rifle so prices must be kept reasonable or death by wife may become an issue. Thanks.

Johnny5: One thing for sure you won't have with Sightron is erection problems. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif This is the one scope on the market that I believe, will never have this happen. With this scope they do seem to have the problem taken care of once and for all. Tracks better than Leupold (unless Tuckerized). No maybe not the best in optical standards, but if your eyes are still young, so what? Shopping around on the web and I'll bet you won't have to mortgage the farm to buy one either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have never used a Sightron product, but have read good reviews from those that have. I have looked through several at stores, and found them to be very nice.

Another option for you might be to go with the new SIII. They are just like the SII's, I believe, but have a 30mm tube. Shooting a .300 Win mag like you do, the extra elevation might come in handy...FWIW...sakofan...Let us know what you decide.

The optical clarity is as good as leupold vari x III. They track as good as nightforce. And with my 36 power sighteon target scope I can see 22 cal bullet holes at 500 yards. What more can you ask for. I shoot nightforce and sightron, the nightforce are great for hunting in ,low light and are nice. But all you really need is a sightron. Look at the new 6-20 by 50 mm sightron it has side focus and 50mm bell. They sold a used one foe 375 on e bay. IT has 45 moa of adjustiment, pretty good on a 1 inch tube. Hope this helps

Sounds like they are pretty good. I would like to go with the SIII but so far I haven't been able to find anyone in Canada that stocks them. I have a buddy who's parents own a hunting shop and can get them in for me but they haven't been able to get a price on the SIII yet. I have a bit of time though, my rifle won't be finished it upgrading for probably another month at least. Thanks for all the info.

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like they are pretty good. I would like to go with the SIII but so far I haven't been able to find anyone in Canada that stocks them. I have a buddy who's parents own a hunting shop and can get them in for me but they haven't been able to get a price on the SIII yet. I have a bit of time though, my rifle won't be finished it upgrading for probably another month at least. Thanks for all the info.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw one(SIII)the other day in a gunshop in Denver, NC. I don't remember the power though.
I think Sightrons are really cool...sakofan...

The SIII may not have all the magnification you want. So far this has been Sightron's high-end hunting scope and is limited in power. I think the suggestion of the SIII is right on the money if this is all the power you need. I didnt suggest it earlier as you referenced a 15 power. I do believe you will be well served by any of Sightron's products that you might choose! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The newest SIII is a 6-24x50 scope with side focus. They just posted a picture of it on their website (used to have a picture of on of the SII side focus models), it looks fantastic. If the specs are correct it should be everything I would ever need. Now I just have to find out if the price is right. God bless the crappy Canadian dollar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Your right that must have been a recent addition. I had checked yesterday and the page was down? If I could find enough people to do it I would be willing to go for a group purchase. When I checked with them last it came to a total of 2500.00 USD without the 10% discount and shipping included. SOOO-OO, thoughts anyone? CLASS?

$2500 US!!!!! Holy bleep bleepity bleep bleep. I figured it would be a little more pricy but I didn't think it would be anywhere close to that. Let me get my pencil so I can scratch that one off the list. It's too bad I have to send my daughter through college in 13 years otherwise I could probably afford it.

Hey, maybe if I played the "but honey it's my birthday right away and thats all I really need right now" card I might just be able to pry the cash out of the bank. Anyone want to try it first and let me know how bad an *** whuppin' you get?

My hunting partner bought a new Sightron SIII 30mm 6-24x50 w/side focus yesterday and paid $ 750.00. This also included a free set of Sightron binoculars valued at $ 300.00.

He purchased it from a new, small, gunshop that just recently opened up in town. The name is Stadler Arms and the owner is Randy Stadler.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.