Sightron Scopes an good???

Fred in Boise

Why is it that I rarely see a post on Sightron scopes?

Am thinking about the 3.5-10x56 with German #4 reticle for Elk at 500-600 yards.

Have been a Leupold man, but have lost faith in the 1" tube scopes and have a hard time justifying their cost for 30mm tubes.

Has anyone had any experience with Sightrons?

thanks

You will never see me have another luepold on a gun of mine. I have nothing but sightron scopes and couldn't be happier. Luepold has a long way to compare to sightron in my opinion.

Add to that two luepold scopes in a row I had issues with.

You will not regret a sightron....i know i don't. I just killed a deer at 1560 yards last weekend and you guessed it it was thru a sightron:D

Sightrons scopes are good to go. There customer service is good if you should need it. I have a SII 4-16x42 MD (1" tube) and it has held up good. I have a 7mm RM it sat on for a while. Now it is on a AR-15 varmint gun. I think it is 11 years old now and has been on a few hunting trips and alot of range time.

Funny. I hear of alot of guys going from Leupolds to Sightrons. I have a Sightron and just bought a VX-3.

I just purchased my third Sightron scope. I don't plan to shoot game at 1000+ yards like Judd, but I am prepared to shoot out to 500 yards with my Remington 700 CDL in 280 Rem. and my new Sightron Big Sky 3-9X42mm. I have owned this scope for a couple of weeks so I can't speak of durability but it is the brightest scope I own, with the exception of the other Sightron Big Sky scope that I have on my Remington 700 in 7mm SAUM.

I first heard of Sightron a number of years ago(5-9) and all I heard was good. I purchased one of the lower priced SI models and put it on a 243 Win. that my grandson used to take a deer. I was impressed with this scope and a couple of friends put a SII 3-9X42 on their deer rifles. These two scopes cost about $200 dollars and for me they represented a fine scope for the money. My friends are still very happy with these scopes. The Sightron Big Sky is a newer scope, a much better scope and cost about twice as much as the original SII models.

I had a friend look through my Leupold VarxIII 3.5-10X40 and then look thru my new Sightron Big Sky and it is obvious that the Sightron is brighter. I will admit that the Leupold is 10 years old but even 10 years ago the Leupold cost more that I just paid for the Sightron.

I think these are very good scopes. They are made in Japan.

I love my sightron, and I have used leupold, swaro, NF, s&B, while the latter 3 hve better glass, they cost between 3 and 5 times as much. For the money sightrons are awsome!! Tracking is dead on, always, and they just plain work.

I got a sightron 111 6x24x50. Great scope. I paid ,750.00. I had to get somthing for grandson the vortex 6x24x50 pst ffp i am still weighting on. I paid for a year ago. Get the sightron 111 great glass.

I just got a sightron 111 6x24-50 dot. Great scope, brighter then my leupold VX-3 6.5-20 LR and I like the added power of the 6-24 sightron. I had no problem seeing 22 cal bullets holes at 300 yd targets.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts