Sig whiskey 5

I have one. It is good glass for the money. Tracks true. The eye box is a little tight above 20X.

Yes you can see the reticle like a regular scope without the electronics. I rarely use the illumination.

Mine sits on a custom 300 WM. Took it to 1650 cold bore shot this weekend and missed dead center by about 4".

I'm pretty happy with mine. Only installed around the new year though, so it hasn't had much abuse. Seems to track well, and the glass is excellent. The only tiny complaint I have is that the locking turrets are a bit sloppy, and can go a click below zero when locked.

The internal level is pretty sweet.

The W5 5-25X I praised a few posts (and months) back in this thread went back to the mothership. The parallax/illumination knob shook loose.

Customer service and return were relatively seamless. I contacted them, they sent a prepaid label, I packed it up at my convenience, and I received a NIB scope 2 weeks after the broken one went into the mail.

Am I happy with the failure rate of Sig scopes? No.
Am I happy how they address failure? Yes.
Are they nice to look through and use? Yes.

The W5 5-25X I praised a few posts (and months) back in this thread went back to the mothership. The parallax/illumination knob shook loose.

Customer service and return were relatively seamless. I contacted them, they sent a prepaid label, I packed it up at my convenience, and I received a NIB scope 2 weeks after the broken one went into the mail.

Am I happy with the failure rate of Sig scopes? No.
Am I happy how they address failure? Yes.
Are they nice to look through and use? Yes.
First I have heard of one failing

First I have heard of one failing
Had a Tango4 arrive with a bad battery cover. Sig replaced/repaired. Year later Illum/Para knob fell off it. Sig replaced it with the W5 mentioned above. So I've had 3 Sig Optics fail, though I suppose I only paid for one...

Running a Whiskey 5 3-15 on a Tikka 308. Tracts very well. Glass is clear and sharp. Eyebox could be a bit longer but not so short as to cause any kissing of the eyebrow. I've only taken it out to 500 yards a couple of times. Total round count with the scope is around 200 without going to my log books.
I'd buy another.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.