Sig Sauer Whiskey 5. 3-15x44 Hunter milling reticle

trueblue

I am looking at this scope to put on a light weight rifle.
At present all my scopes are NXS, and they are great. But looking for more than 10 X but don't want to put a 5-22x50mm NXS on this light weight rifle.
This Sig Sauer scope weighs 25 oz, so a bit heavier than the 2.5-10x42 NXS I have on there now.
They might not be out long enough to know how good the repeatability is, but I am curious.

I've got the Whiskey 5 3-15x44 on a 308 hunting rifle (Tikka T3). I've run a tall target test to see how precise the clicks are and find it tracks and 'spaces' well. I've only run the 308 out to 500 a few times but wouldn't hesitate to shoot game out to that range.
A friend was playing with one of his ballistic apps while we were shooting steel and gave me the come-up for the 500 yards for the first time. First shot hit the steel but knocked the whole target set-up down. We drove down to set it back up, thinking I'd hit one of the legs or something. Instead, found my first-ever shot hit as close to dead center as I could do.
His comment 'don't touch that scope or that load'!

Worth the money in my book for a hunting rig.

That's a good review. I'm looking into the 5-25 version of that whiskey 5. Looks like real nice scopes

I've got the Whiskey 5 3-15x44 on a 308 hunting rifle (Tikka T3). I've run a tall target test to see how precise the clicks are and find it tracks and 'spaces' well. I've only run the 308 out to 500 a few times but wouldn't hesitate to shoot game out to that range.
A friend was playing with one of his ballistic apps while we were shooting steel and gave me the come-up for the 500 yards for the first time. First shot hit the steel but knocked the whole target set-up down. We drove down to set it back up, thinking I'd hit one of the legs or something. Instead, found my first-ever shot hit as close to dead center as I could do.
His comment 'don't touch that scope or that load'!

Worth the money in my book for a hunting rig.
How's the glass compare to other optics in that price range? SHV, XTR II, VX5HD, etc

I got mine before the VX5 came out. I looked at the SHV and thought that the price I got on the Whiskey made the slight differences immaterial. I've an HD5 Conquest that I use on a 264 WM that's as clear as the Whiskey but a couple of hundred more than I paid for the Whiskey.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.