Sig Kilo 2400 ABS: Accounting for Temp/Pressure in your profile?

ssssnake529

I bought a Sig Kilo 2400 ABS

Setting up my gun profiles.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to input what the environmental factors were when you zeroed the rifle.

The app doesn't know if your 100 yard zero was at sea level or 10,000 feet. If the app doesn't have your zero environmental baseline, how could it possibly tell you how much to correct if you are shooting under environmental conditions which vary from when you sighted in the rifle and zeroed your scope?

I sight my rifle in at 4000 feet above sea level. I hunt at 10,000 feet above sea level. My shots at 10,000 are going to be high.

Strelok Pro (the app I am used to using) has input for the weather conditions when you zeroed the rifle. I don't see anything similar in the ABS software for the Kilo 2400.

I've looked and have read up on the kilo 2400 some , I do not own one . I think you need to set up the rangefinders " rifle profile "right there at the range when you zero the rifle / scope . I assume the rangefinder knows the conditions you are shooting in , and makes corrections from that .

This seems to be the consensus from the other forums I have posted this to. I need to take the unit with me to the range when I sight in the rifle. There's a "calibrate" feature that I can use to true it up using the current environmental conditions.

I sinc'd my gun profiles here in the house this winter an they were fairly close to zero conditions for the guns. What distances I've ranged so far are spot on, but I agree with you, when nice weather gets here I will check zero on the guns & resinc them to that weather condition that day.

Ssssnake529, besides this concern, how are you liking your Sig kilo2400abs?

I like it a lot. Ranging performance is much better than my Leica Geovids. The software is intuitive and easy to use. It's small and compact. Optics are adequate to see your target. Super happy with it.

I did the math. The difference between a rifle zeroed at sea level and a rifle zeroed at 7000 feet only amounts to about an inch at 900 yards, so even if I wasn't able to figure out how to account for weather when zeroing the rifle, it doesn't make that big a difference.

I like it a lot. Ranging performance is much better than my Leica Geovids. The software is intuitive and easy to use. It's small and compact. Optics are adequate to see your target. Super happy with it.

I did the math. The difference between a rifle zeroed at sea level and a rifle zeroed at 7000 feet only amounts to about an inch at 900 yards, so even if I wasn't able to figure out how to account for weather when zeroing the rifle, it doesn't make that big a difference.

Thank you. This rangefinder is on my purchase list for my long range shooting. There is allot of good information on this site about it, but nothing weighs heavier than personal experience.

I'm just starting to use my sig kilo 2400 and I appreciate the help, also on another thread on this forum. What would cause a negative density altitude reading? Shooting today and rf was reading-677 ft density altitude. Temperature seemed a good 10 degrees higher than actual also and I was leaving it out of sun and not handling it much.

The 2400 does not seem to take well to being left out in the hot sun. lLast summer I left mine in the hot sun during s PRS match and after giving a few erroneous results, ceased to function at all. Planning to send it back to Sig, I gave it a try a few hours later after sitting it in my pack, and it returned to functioning perfectly, and has so since right right through hunting season. I have made it a point to keep it In its case on my hip when not in use. I have spoken to others that have had various types of malfunctions with their 2400 when overexposed to direct sun light/heat, only to recover when allowed to cool off.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.