Sig Cross - Re-chambered??

Country Bumpkin

As title would suggest, has anyone bought one and re-chambered to something better than their current factory offerings?

I've been in love with the concept of this rifle from day one, but I hate the chamberings they offer. They advertise that they will eventually offer different barrels but I'm sick of waiting.

What have you guys tried?

They advertise that they will eventually offer different barrels but I'm sick of waiting.

Sig Sauer has to make back at least some of their large investment to bring this rifle to our market. Every manufacturer does this in the beginning. The idea is to offer a couple of the best selling chambers first along with their flagship .277 Fury to gauge their design success through sales. Then add other chambers as profits and popularity allow.

You can clearly add other barrels and chambers within the constraints of the rifle design. The biggest difference is that the new barrel requires a barrel extension to fit the rifle action. Some companies offer the barrel complete with an extension while others require you to re-use the original barrel extension. This makes the rifle suited to amateurs who favor DIY assemblies rather than using the services of a gunsmith.

1651771207457.png

International barrels offers prefits. Reasonably priced too.

Sig Sauer has to make back at least some of their large investment to bring this rifle to our market. Every manufacturer does this in the beginning. The idea is to offer a couple of the best selling chambers first along with their flagship .277 Fury to gauge their design success through sales. Then add other chambers as profits and popularity allow.

You can clearly add other barrels and chambers within the constraints of the rifle design. The biggest difference is that the new barrel requires a barrel extension to fit the rifle action. Some companies offer the barrel complete with an extension while others require you to re-use the original barrel extension. This makes the rifle suited to amateurs who favor DIY assemblies rather than using the services of a gunsmith.

View attachment 363632
news to me... so is that a barrel nut coupling the two pieces? Interesting concept but expensive to manufacture??

From the installation instructions:

Installation: These replacement barrels do not come equipped with a barrel extension. You will re-use the extension off the factory barrel. Any gunsmith should be able to remove the extension in about 5 minutes or so. Then it's just a matter of installing the extension onto the new barrel and installing back onto the rifle (also not difficult). You would then need to set and check headspace.

I knew there are aftermarket barrel options, but I refuse to buy a rifle knowing that the OEM barrel will be taken off and turned to a tomato stake.