Sig bdx problem

cohunt

Anyone run into this issue before and know the fix?

My bdx rangefinder and phone app are paired correctly and "talk" to each other just fine.....the range finder will range and show the distance in both the finder and in the app screen---BUT it doesn't show a shooting solution (drop or wind adjustment) in the app or on the rangefinder. I tried several of my different "custom profiles"--- and none of them will compute or show a shooting solution.

Any ideas? I've sent a message to sig but generally they are slow to reply.

The app is up to date with the most recent version from the app store

Watch any you tube vids available. Maybe something you're not doing will show itself.
It has worked flawlessly in the past, ive owned and used it for several years without issues-- this seems to be a new problem where the app isn't computing the shooting solutions at all-- seems like a software issue

Return to Sig . see what kind of warranty it has.
Instead of jumping to conclusions and telling them its broke when i dont really know whats going on I could just contact them to see what's wrong with the app-- most likely it's something in the new 2.0 app update- as i said, it seems like a software/app issue not a rangefinder issue - I'm waiting for a response from them-- they just tend to be slow in responding.

Do you have a bdx rangefinder and have had simular issues?

Instead of jumping to conclusions and telling them its broke when i dont really know whats going on I could just contact them to see what's wrong with the app-- most likely it's something in the new 2.0 app update- as i said, it seems like a software/app issue not a rangefinder issue - I'm waiting for a response from them-- they just tend to be slow in responding.

Do you have a bdx rangefinder and have had simular issues?
Did it start to act up immediately after your last update…

Did it start to act up immediately after your last update…
I had it in the field for ml season and it asked if I wanted to proceed with the update-- I said yes ( stupid of me to do it while hunting)-- during the hunt it would range and give solutions out to 100y but after 100y it would only range ( no solutions)--- I just messed with it this weekend and there was another update ( so I figured wth- it might be a fix to the software glitch)-- but now it only ranges with no solutions, no matter what the distance is.

Hopefully sig will get back with me next week and work it all out.

I have no experience with the Sig products but I would think you need to talk to their CS reps to get it straightened out. It sounds like a big in the new version of the app.

I would call customer service. I have had to call them a couple times and it was a very good experience both times.

So I finally got a chance to call their tech/warranty department--- the guy was super helpful.

Tried to update the sig software and it wouldn't work-- guy asked of Samsung had a new updates--- yes-- walked me through a few steps to update my permissions. Tried the sig update again and still won't work.

He said with updates they can "stack" and cause problems internall problems with hardware--- he's sending a prepaid label to send it in for a harware/software flash/update--- he says if it doesn't work they will upgrade me to a newer model for free

Said it usually takes about 2 weeks.

Very helpful...wouldn't mind a free upgrade but as long as my unit works again I'll be happy too.

All free of charge-- good CS -- he even asked if I had a hunt comming up-- if I did they were gonna figure out a way for me to have a working rf in hand for the hunt.